mtbr member
    May 2011

1 x 9 Giant Reign set up

Here is the story. I have an Giant Reign 2 2011 and I am already riding it with a N-gear Jump Stop with a bashguard. But the N-gear is not enough for my type of riding.

The problem is : I do not have ISCG tab on my frame, I have an PressFit bb and I want to use a bash guard.

I looked at the MRP 1X with the direct mount but I don't think I can run a Bash with it .

Someone have a better idea ?

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by trjeremie View Post
    Here is the story. I have an Giant Reign 2 2011 and I am already riding it with a N-gear Jump Stop with a bashguard. But the N-gear is not enough for my type of riding.

The problem is : I do not have ISCG tab on my frame, I have an PressFit bb and I want to use a bash guard. Jump Stop, this should mount up easily enough.

I looked at the MRP 1X with the direct mount but I don't think I can run a Bash with it .

You could run one of the Paul Components guides, though to use it with a bash, you'd have to cut the outer bit off. If you've got room to mount a Jump Stop, one of those ought to go on fine. That would prevent the chain jumping off of the top of the ring at all.

Find something to use mounted to the Jump Stop plastic bit that might work. Find the right piece of something, and bend it into shape to cover the top of the ring/chain, not just the inside.

I have seen people running the 1x. and the e.13 variant with bash rings, but doesn't seem like it would work perfectly as intended, and still possibly allow the chain to come off at times.

You could also run a bashring sandwich, with one of these in your granny ring spot. Not the best, but ought to work a bit better than just the bash/Jump Stop. (scroll down a bit - you'll want the 64mm bcd one)
    http://www.bbgbashguard.com/Mountainbike.html
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    if youre going 1 in the front, you could go with a widgit, or like the above guy said use the inner bashring from bbg bashguard along with whatever outer bash you want. (the inner ring is only for 32t unfortunately)
    on my anthem I run a bbg outer bash and the inner bash. I did have to bend the inner bash a little bit inwards to cut down the gap though.

i also have a reign 1, but im running it with 2 rings in the front, which makes it real hard. i just ordered the new shadow plus derailleur and im hoping that will keep the chain on nice and tight.
    The mountains are calling and I must go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trjeremie View Post

The problem is : I do not have ISCG tab on my frame, I have an PressFit bb and I want to use a bash guard.

What do you mean, the jump stop isn't enough? You're still dropping your chain to the inside? Are you running 104 links on your chain, or have you shortened it? Are you running long-cage or medium-cage rear derailleur?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    maybe your chain drop begins at the bottom side which the jump stop wont help??

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have modified one of my jump stop and everything is allright ! Anyway I am changing to a Yeti 575