Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

07 XTR rear derailluer cable routing; Rollamijig still needed?

689 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  thecrazyfinn 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the cable routing on 07 XTR rear derailluers would still benefit from a rollamajig?

#4 ·
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed since I just spent a small fortune on the whole M970 line. If I would have known that this new line was coming out, I would have waited...

Though, initial reviews of the shadow are not too good. Carbon fiber equipped derailleur seems to not be as robust on the trails as previous models... The design is beautiful though... We should see how the shadow does long term.

#5 ·
FL_MTB_Weekend Warrior said:
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed since I just spent a small fortune on the whole M970 line. If I would have known that this new line was coming out, I would have waited...

Though, initial reviews of the shadow are not too good. Carbon fiber equipped derailleur seems to not be as robust on the trails as previous models... The design is beautiful though... We should see how the shadow does long term.
The Shadow is a 970 RD, but Shadows are new for '08 (introduced with 770 XT). Shimano had to keep something in the bag for the 25th Anniversary XT Launch and that was Shadow RD's and Servo-Wave levers. XTR gets Shadow as well (announced shortly after the XT M770 announcement) but not Servo-Wave yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.