Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

$179 xt m770 crank on ebay, is this for real?

983 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  anomaly 
#1 ·
is this a knock off or the real deal? anyone bought one of these? search xt crank and you'll see several listed.Covered by warranty? any thoughts would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I bought one from Chain Reaction Cycles (English Company) for about $150. They had free shipping on orders over $300 so I added a bunch of other stuff that I needed/wanted.

Anyway ... the crank came in a very timely manner and in "like new" condition. I say "like new" because it appeared to have been installed before. Most likely not ridden, just installed. It was packaged very well although not in the original Shimano package.

My guess is that it was removed off of a brand new bicycle by the shop in order to upgrade the crank at the customers request.

#11 ·
Blue Rat said:
I bought one from Chain Reaction Cycles (English Company) for about $150. They had free shipping on orders over $300 so I added a bunch of other stuff that I needed/wanted.

Anyway ... the crank came in a very timely manner and in "like new" condition. I say "like new" because it appeared to have been installed before. Most likely not ridden, just installed. It was packaged very well although not in the original Shimano package.

My guess is that it was removed off of a brand new bicycle by the shop in order to upgrade the crank at the customers request.
I got my M770s in a new unopened box from CSR...though my Look Keo pedals just came in a sealed bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.