Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    but i would be asking myself if they have sorted out the snapping issues on the tues frame, the reason they changed the frame design this year was partly to do with the snapping chainstays of last years model.
    IIRC the chainstay issue was on 2010 Tues (1), fixed for 2011. And still in the range for 2012 and 2013 running alongside Tues 2.0

From a marketing point of view if the breaking chainstays was a big issue then the best thing to do would be name your new model something completely different which obviously they didn't feel the need to do!
    Last edited by Stu McGroo; 10-20-2012 at 05:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by howardyudoing View Post
    Andreu Lecondeguy is riding one at rampage.
    What bars on that bike? My sunline 1.75" riser getting old and those looked close
    Last edited by Deerhill; 10-21-2012 at 11:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu McGroo View Post
    IIRC the chainstay issue was on 2010 Tues (1), fixed for 2011. And still in the range for 2012 and 2013 running alongside Tues 2.0

From a marketing point of view if the breaking chainstays was a big issue then the best thing to do would be name your new model something completely different which obviously they didn't feel the need to do!
    oh ok so they sorted out the chainstay issues then,,,, i couldnt find any info about the problem being resolved when we were looking at buying one back in may this year, so we played safe and didnt buy one,
    i have to say though, it does look really nice, and the spec you get for the price is amazing. we were considering getting one and transfaring the parts over to another frame but they were sold out for months.

mtbr member
    If you're going to order one of the limited special editions you better be prepared to wait a long time to get your bike delivered. It seems that YT had problems to deliver the last years special editon right on time. Some customers waited up to 8 (!) months for their bikes to be delivered. At least that is what I read on a german mtb forum (mtb-news.de)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TIBO View Post
    If you're going to order one of the limited special editions you better be prepared to wait a long time to get your bike delivered. It seems that YT had problems to deliver the last years special editon right on time. Some customers waited up to 8 (!) months for their bikes to be delivered. At least that is what I read on a german mtb forum (mtb-news.de)
    i had a quick look on yt's web site yesterday and it says that you can only order it on the 12th, for that day only (or til its sold out.) then there is a 3 month wait, you order and pay in full in december 2012 and your bike is expected to ship in march 2013. they use the excuse that the suspension has to be set/ tuned for rider weight,

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The guy I met at Bromont who had last year's model, said his was delivered late because Mavic was not able to supply enough wheels to meet the sales numbers that the one day event produced. In the end, the guy received Deemax Ultimate's instead of the regular Deemax wheels.
    I also would think that the delay in receiving the bike would have to do with knowing the number of bikes sold and then having them produced more than setting up suspension (they would need to order the correct springs for each rider).

Eric

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Rather happy to see that I live in Europe, I did had concerns about last season riding a new bike.
    I called YT industries and they told me that I had to wait way to long before livery.
    So I bought a Glory 0 instead of this one.
    Can't tell wich one would be better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Time to get your orders in.

Eric

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu McGroo View Post

The issue got sorted out very quickly. Plus there are more Trek's out there with broken chainstays and until Trek resovled the issue for the scratch it took ages.

Frame is solid although they had a few misalingment issues with the first batch but this got sorted out aswell. Can take a beating and rides very good. The status is a completely different frame. Tues has slacker headangle, different geometry and kinematics alltogether, longer shock and variable chainstays.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Did anyone ever order the bike and have they received it yet?

Eric

2010 Glory custom FR
    Are you serious? There are hundreds of the in western Europe and few pcs in Poland.
    pozdro
    frango

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Frango,
    Yes I am. Last year they took several months longer than expected to deliver the bikes.
    I was curious to know if anyone who order the limited edition received their bikes when they were supposed to.

Eric

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    Frango,
    Yes I am. Last year they took several months longer than expected to deliver the bikes.
    I was curious to know if anyone who order the limited edition received their bikes when they were supposed to.

Eric
    It took one month longer last year to be precise and this year it looks like they got their **** together because everyone and their mom became the bike in time and the regular models too.

YT  DH Bike 12.12.12-large_img_3890.jpg

YT  DH Bike 12.12.12-large_img-20130423-wa0004.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2