mtbr member

Yet another pedal thread - I'm picky need a wah wah like pedal.

I need some new flats.

Currently using Kona Wah Wahs' and love them. But need new pedals for a bike I'm building.

I'm having a hard time finding wah wahs...again.

Requirments.

1. Thin like the wah wah's
    2. Pins that go all the way through, so they can be cut/removed like the wah wahs.
    3. HUGE platform like the wah wah's. I wear a size 14 I want the biggest platform I can get area wise.
    ...not a requirment but having pins in the middle of the foot as well is a plus.

I have not been able to find anything that matches these.

I took a look at some Diety pedals and they were nice but way to small area wise compared to the wah wahs...and the pins don't go through from the back.

The superstar pedals look great online but seem to be impossible to get in the USA? plus I dont know how they compare area wise.

Twenty 6's are big enough but super spendy and not sure because they dont have pins that go through.

thanks

edit: PS the blackspire Big Slim MKII's look promising but not avail? and I dont know how big the area compares. http://www.blackspire.com/qs/product/83/5952/500135/0/0

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    :edit: didnt read the post 100% i know wheelworld.com had some a while ago
    http://wheelworld.com/product/kona-w...l-oem-5025.htm

mtbr member
    never heard of that place looks jankey?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    ive purchased many things from there.. they are legit. shipping is pretty dang quick too..5 days for wheels and other things and thats from cali to my base here in south korea

Eroding into the trail
    WheelWorld is def legit!
    Good deals, good people!

mtbr member
    Cool thanks! Good to know.

Now what about these? Where can I get them I want the orange ones. They look perfect to me from the pics.
    http://www.spank-ind.com/index.php?a...ro&id=78&tid=1

biking is fun
    The point one podium pedals seem to be exactly what you want. Probably a bit wider than the wah wah's, a fair bit thinner, pins that go all the way through, lighter, and look better IMO.

the only downside is the cost but they are quality and last quite a while.

Other options for big feet are the canfield crampons. they are pretty wide and wicked stable since they are so thin. I love them for DH but if you put them on an XC/AM bike sometimes you will get a little bit of rub on the exposed axle while pedaling but its not a big deal unless you are doing 3-4 hour XC tours.

So to sum it up. I use canfields on my DH bike and point one podiums on my AM bike.

(also those spanks look promising but i don't even know if they are out yet and if they are i am not sure I would want to be the first to try them out)

mtbr member
    Thanks climbingbubba,

These will be on a all mountain bike setup beefy for light free-ride and the occasional DH lift run...at the rate i'm going with the build cost isn't that much of a problem howevver nearly 300 for the twenty 6's is a bit out of control. But I do pedal a lot, lots of up/down around here.

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
    Thanks climbingbubba,

These will be on a all mountain bike setup beefy for light free-ride and the occasional DH lift run...at the rate i'm going with the build cost isn't that much of a problem howevver nearly 300 for the twenty 6's is a bit out of control. But I do pedal a lot, lots of up/down around here.
    Its not that the canfields are bad for all mountain and I do have the older style so the newer ones may have solved it.

Like I mentioned earlier the point one podiums are the way to go it sounds like. It is everything you liked about the wah wah's but then made better in every possible way (width, height, weight, etc). Seems like a no brainer at this point...

mtbr member
    Thanks I think I will get the point one's a try. ( I sent spank and their distributers an email first ).. I have a month before the new frame gets here.