mtbr member
    Sep 2005

GAME ON!
    beat me to it. i was gonna be the hero!
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sorry I had to post it as soon as I saaw it!

RideDirt
    hahahaha yea i just saw that too .. LOL .. So i wonder whos NOT going to sale their Demos anymore lmao .

im going to bet that will hit like around 850 comments .

外国人
    Jun 2007
    Spez definitely has deep pockets!
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    $ talks

mtbr member
    Ha! Yea, just saw that too. Gwin came up with the swoop! Man for a min there I thought I had to get a Nukeproof!

Wonder how much more big S is paying Gwin over what they were paying Hill. Poor Sammy might be a little jealous...

Uphill? What's that
    All the sudden Hill going to CRC doesn't seem so crazy..looks like the big S had a plan all along..out with the old and in with the Gwinner.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Bob View Post
    All the sudden Hill going to CRC doesn't seem so crazy..looks like the big S had a plan all along..out with the old and in with the Gwinner.
    so true....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

usually cranky
    mind blown. it all makes sense now though.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Dammit
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

外国人
    Jun 2007
    question is, who goes to trek now? i hope its stevie smith!
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    It's True - Aaron Gwin, Mitch Ropelato and Troy Brosnan Team Up With Specialized in 2013 - Press Releases - Vital MTB

I'm super excited to start this new chapter in my career with Specialized Bicycles. The entire Specialized staff has welcomed me with open arms and I'm blown away by the level of support they've shown me. This is my dream program and I can't thank them enough for this opportunity. Bring on 2013! - Aaron Gwin

The combination of Aaron Gwin and the Specialized brand have an American storyline written all over it that was always meant to be. Aaron will not only bring another element to the program, but itll be amazing watching this trio ripping down the tracks together. We cant wait to get started with this new exciting opportunity and look forward to the season ahead. - Sean Heimdal, Team Manager

Im stoked to have a new teammate this year, it will be a fresh start and I will be able to learn a lot of things from Aaron. The season starts late this year and will give everyone time to get to know each other and do testing on the Bike. I cannot wait to work together and smash out runs! - Troy Brosnan

We are really excited to have Aaron on board. He has a lot of interest in product development, advocacy, junior development, and so do we. We are looking forward to a very successful future together. - Geoff Rogers, Specialized Sports Marketing

beater
    I was disappointed when I saw this all over my FB news feed. PB, Vital, everyone has it.

Moving from Yeti to Trek I get. But It really seemed like Gwin had a great thing going with TWR. Is S that much of a step up from what it looked like Trek was willing to invest in having another Lance-level marquee athlete? Why mess with success, especially after re-upping so recently? And does nobody stick with a contract anymore?
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Vital said he will be supported with frames and tires. Does that mean he will stay with Fox/Shimano?

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    I was disappointed when I saw this all over my FB news feed. PB, Vital, everyone has it.

Moving from Yeti to Trek I get. But It really seemed like Gwin had a great thing going with TWR. Is S that much of a step up from what it looked like Trek was willing to invest in having another Lance-level marquee athlete? Why mess with success, especially after re-upping so recently? And does nobody stick with a contract anymore?
    Its called a career man , bigger and better and more $$$ ...

Im sure you would take a job that allows you to do the same work load , but for more money and maybe better benefits ?

I really dont know why everyone wonders why this and that , its a job just like everyone else on this planet . They all have bills and im sure families to feed and support .

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Well said.

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Its called a career man , bigger and better and more $$$ ...

Im sure you would take a job that allows you to do the same work load , but for more money and maybe better benefits ?

I really dont know why everyone wonders why this and that , its a job just like everyone else on this planet . They all have bills and im sure families to feed and support .
    I probably would. But I'd like to at least imagine that I wouldn't do it just a few months after signing a contract with someone else. I realize there's a career and a paycheck involved. Yeti to Trek was a no-brainer, despite grumbling you sometimes see on the forums about it. But going from Trek to Specialized seems much more like a lateral move - Trek also has big pockets and can provide world-class support (and seemingly has). As far as the incentives to make that move, none of us knows or is likely to. It seemed like Gwin had all the support he could ask for there; maybe he wasn't as happy as it seemed; none of us know.

I realize that contract-breaking is pretty routine in a lot of sports and businesses these days, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

On the plus side, the team reshuffling will make for some interesting sidelines commentary this season. There's already loads of e-fighting between Gwin and Hill fans on PB.

RideDirt
    Yea i mean nobody really knows when , why , where , and how but the riders . If i like a rider, i will support him regardless on what team or company hes riding on .At the end of the day , it all comes down to the riders on what they want , esp when your a top dawg with a big name and a track record to prove it . Just like all the big names in basketball ,football, hockey,soccer, tennis, baseball etc.

Yeah pinkbike is getting funny lol ,but im sure most of those people on there are young kids in their teens that are living at home with no expenses lol and mommy and daddy helping them .

2013 is going to be a riot cant wait haha

mtbr member
    And this is why it's possible for pedal bicycles to now cost over $10,000... How much is Jesus Jr. making now? Apparently money talks louder than God!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    He should if stayed with trek but hey money talks can deny that

beater
    Story keeps developing. Some pretty good comments, too. I didn't realize TWR only had a letter of intent; not a contract.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/press-r...gal-Action,706

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    Story keeps developing. Some pretty good comments, too. I didn't realize TWR only had a letter of intent; not a contract.

Developing: Trek World Racing Wants Aaron Gwin Back, Whiteley May Pursue Legal Action - Press Releases - Vital MTB
    I'm glad somebody pointed that out. He had no contract yet... Which means he's been negotiating a contract for over 4 months. Appearantly, this has been a negotiation process that has fallen apart.
    It's really quite fun y how everyone gets so butt-hurt and immediately gets on Treks side, like he's abandoned him. Gwin is at the top of his game, and he is being courted by any manufacturer that produces bike parts.
    He's a great rider and an outstanding in all aspects of his life. In my perspective, Trek is at fault for letting the best go.

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    Vital said he will be supported with frames and tires. Does that mean he will stay with Fox/Shimano?
    and will he still be on redbull or will he be moving to monster?

mtbr member
    Specialized Says Farewell to Sam Hill - Mountain Bike Reviews, News, Photo and Video

]
    (In case you ever go here) Dude you are awesome! I switching to Flats because of you!

]
    I'm Not too worried about him.

Hank

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast