Adobo Lover

Wranglers out there using Hookup or T2 bike carriers

I figured I would post it here also, considering you will probably use this type of hitches more than others. Has anyone used the Yakima Hookup or Thule T2 bike hitch(2inch receiver) with a Jeep Wrangler. I'm wondering if their is any spare tire clearance issues when a bike is mounted or if there is any issues folding it up when not in use. Happy Holidays,

mtbr member
    The T2 sticks out pretty far. You shouldn't have a problem. You can get an extention.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by kanter
    The T2 sticks out pretty far. You shouldn't have a problem. You can get an extention.
    for the T2...anybody know of a reliable shop that has a cheap price
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

TNC
    noMAD man

You tightwad!

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    for the T2...anybody know of a reliable shop that has a cheap price
    C'mon Shiver...let go of some of the tequila money and just buy a T2 at regular price...we LBS people need to make a living. Besides, it won't hurt you to drink Montezuma tequila in the plastic half gallon jug for awhile instead of that high dollar Patron, you SoCal elitest.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    C'mon Shiver...let go of some of the tequila money and just buy a T2 at regular price...we LBS people need to make a living. Besides, it won't hurt you to drink Montezuma tequila in the plastic half gallon jug for awhile instead of that high dollar Patron, you SoCal elitest.

no way I am giving up the tequilla...ask the Z man....they all loved it...oh we drank some Don Perion Champagne too
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

TNC
    noMAD man

Champagne?...sissy!

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    no way I am giving up the tequilla...ask the Z man....they all loved it...oh we drank some Don Perion Champagne too
    Dang bro, are you sure you're not riding one of those pink Electra girl's bikes?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Dang bro, are you sure you're not riding one of those pink Electra girl's bikes?

local riding bud just had a baby boy so I sprung for the celebration...check your PM's TNC

TNC
    noMAD man

Hey Stumpy

Quote Originally Posted by 95Stumpy
    I figured I would post it here also, considering you will probably use this type of hitches more than others. Has anyone used the Yakima Hookup or Thule T2 bike hitch(2inch receiver) with a Jeep Wrangler. I'm wondering if their is any spare tire clearance issues when a bike is mounted or if there is any issues folding it up when not in use. Happy Holidays,
    I found a pic of the T2 on my S10 which shows a decent spacing reference. As has been stated, they sit back fairly far. Don't forget that both trays are waaaay adjustable both fore and aft and from side to side. I can open the Dutch doors of that camper with the rack in place (but no bike on the innermost tray obviously...but I can with a bike on the rearmost tray).
    Attached Images Attached Images

don't move for trees
    i drive a 92 wrangler with 32x12.5 tires and i have no problem with clearance, heres a pic, so far i love my thule only thing is, you need to put a little electrical tape on your bike if your doing off roading cause of the rub
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain