Which would you buy?

Printable View

• 11-15-2012
    kjsayers
    Which would you buy?
    I'm looking at either a 2012 Phoenix and a 2011 951. Components are the same. Condition may favor the Phoenix slightly. Both within a couple hundred dollars($2800). Am I splitting hairs? What other info does one ned to give me a opinion?

thanks guys
  • 11-15-2012
    howardyudoing
    DW vs. QVP. Take your pick.
  • 11-15-2012
    genemk
    I'd go Phoenix. Heard good stuff about it (improved Sunday basically). I've had friends with 951s that had issues breaking the frame and what not.
  • 11-18-2012
    MOJO K
    Buy the Pivot
  • 11-18-2012
    rugbyred
    Take a good look at the head tube/ top tube junction on the Phoenix. I have seen a few with nice dents in them from the fork.
    I don't believe this is a problem that plagues the Pivot, more of someone having a massive crash.
    If their are no dents, I would personally go with the Pivot. Newer model, in my belief a better quality frame and they are suppose to be incredibly stiff.
    Good luck with your purchase.
    Eric
  • 11-18-2012
    StuLax18
    Phoenix's pedal amazing if you care at all about that. They accelerate very quick and have minimal bob unless you are really mashing. Personally I didn't think it rode any better than my Glory on the trail but I didn't get to really ride it, and it had Nevergrips on there...

Definitely felt nice and smooth overall, and this was a demo bike.
  • 11-18-2012
    project_d
    I haven't heard one good thing about the 951s, and that's coming from a guy who used to LOVE Intense bikes. From everything I hear, the Pivot frame is a tad on the heavy side, but is an awesome all-around DH bike. Pedals well, eats up rocks, jump great. sits low...what's not to like???
  • 11-22-2012
    kjsayers
    Got a Pivot
  • 11-22-2012
    motochick
    Nice! Pics or it didn't happen ;)
  • 11-22-2012
    kjsayers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by motochick View Post
    Nice! Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Wait until i receive it.