backwoods and backwards

World Cup 2013..

It's been a couple of months since the teams and riders had the shake-up. Any predictions? Barring injuries, of course, who do you think will win the men's and women's series. Also who will win worlds? Will Peaty make a podium? Will Rob say something that get's him fired/arrested? Who will be the biggest let down of the year? What you gunna drink while you watch?

Here we go...
    Moonbeam's compost-powered hybrid generates a respectable 32 fruit flies per rotting banana peel.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Sam Hill won"t finish in the top 5. Gwin, Minnaar, Gee, will be amongst the top 5 provided they don't get injured. Gwin and Minnaar will battle for 1st like last year.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

beater

World Cup 2013..

Quote Originally Posted by Tim F. View Post
    Sam Hill won"t finish in the top 5. Gwin, Minnaar, Gee, will be amongst the top 5 provided they don't get injured. Gwin and Minnaar will battle for 1st like last year.
    I pretty much agree, but also Steve Smith has gotten his first taste of a WC victory. I was going to make a joke about Danny Hart now working with a golf coach, but the kid is fast, and it wouldn't do to forget him.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

backwoods and backwards
    I like Gee and Stevie Smith at the top. Gee was so good to watch last year and the team is run so well he has to be among the favorites. Minnaar should get worlds. Rachel should own the women's side...maybe 4 more wins and worlds. (my 5 year old daughter and I walked past the Atherton Team camp as Rachel was warming up at Windham last year. She looked up for just a second and gave Ellie a huge smile and wave and became a hero in our family that day. Rachel Atherton has a great smile besides the fact that she is a monster on two wheels). I think Peaty has a couple more good runs in him and might not win but will find a top 5in there. I think Gwinn might struggle this year as well as Hill.

I will be drinking rye whiskey chased with French press coffee. Ellie will be drinking organic 2% milk. Can't wait!!!
    Moonbeam's compost-powered hybrid generates a respectable 32 fruit flies per rotting banana peel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Stevie Smith just won the Underworld Cup race in Port Angeles today... over a strong field... sign of things to come I hope.

perpetual pucker factor
    I'm just hoping that Steve Peat and Sam Hill do well. I'd love to see either one of them win at least a few races.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

Uphill? What's that
    I don't think one rider will dominate this year. All of the competitors take training seriously nowadays and all of the big teams are supporting the riders like they should. This year should be fun to watch.