Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004

Woodman frames...

I recently came across this Woodman Elite frame. I didn't even know woodman made frames, but I really like this frame. I am thinking of replacing my cracked azonic with it. I will be doing mostly trials on it, but some dirt jumping and street mixed in for sure. Anyone here ride one of these? Im looking for some feedback on how people like them. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    I recently came across this Woodman Elite frame. I didn't even know woodman made frames, but I really like this frame. I am thinking of replacing my cracked azonic with it. I will be doing mostly trials on it, but some dirt jumping and street mixed in for sure. Anyone here ride one of these? Im looking for some feedback on how people like them. Thanks!
    woodman owns...

'nuff said.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Jason@FBC rides one and Capt.Limpdick does too. I'm sure they'll chime in sometime, and from the limited time i've ridden them, they feel very solid with good geo.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    It's a sweet frame. A lot lighter than my kona stuff and the rear end is super short. Just can't run a dual crown, but I never intended to anyways. Makes manuals and wheelies so easy due to it's super short chainstay You can run wide tires as well. 26X2.7 maxxis fit fine. 24X3.0 fit as well. I love her. The only probablem I had is that the rear end is so short, that my tire hit the front derailieur so I can't run one. YES, it hits the bolt that mounts it to the frame, no matter what you do, no front deralieur for you. I'm doing a guide. You can pick them up cheap too, got mine for $250 and I heard they were selling them at interbike for $175. Check out pinbike for more photo's of some built up amd MTB U.K. has a short review on it as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    Damn, that is a sweet ass lookin build. I think I am sold on it...I just need to sell my replacement Azonic when I get it...Thanks for all the info! Oh yea, where did you get your frame? LBS or online? The only online store I've seen that sell them is Rhythm Cycles. They go for $330 there.
    Last edited by Freerider Forever; 05-03-2004 at 03:10 PM.

mtbr member

cool looks

www.mtbstore.com has them in 13in for $265. Looks cool tho.

http://www.mtbstore.com/mountain-bike-frames/frames.php

I guess there is only one size so you should be safe. Check out there internet site for more info at www.woodmancomponents.com.

wyrm
    Last edited by wyrm; 05-04-2004 at 10:14 AM. Reason: new info submitted

banned

isn't the Woodman a rebadged Planet X?

I think it is... although I could be wrong. The frame sure looks familiar. Either way, Woodman stuff is known for burly and inexpensive.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzostrike
    I think it is... although I could be wrong. The frame sure looks familiar. Either way, Woodman stuff is known for burly and inexpensive.
    woodman claims that the geometry on this bike is unique, so i would doubt that it is a rebadged planet-x....

that being said, bike companies all fudge their stats a little.....

One tubby tubby
    Mar 2004

Nothin' better

The Cap'n here, the woodman elite is what all the cool kids are riding. Perfect mix of bike for me, front end is light and long, rear end is super short and beefy. I run a Sherman flick and 24x3.0's f&r most of the time. It is my urban ride and what I'll be riding in the AR trials series this year. Super wide chainstay bridge limits the size of your front sprocket, I can only run about a 32. Chainstays are so short I had to gring the side knobs on my Arrows because they hit the e13 urban guide....but I'm not *****in, this thing is sweet!! I'll try to post some pics soon...get one if you can!!
    [SIZE=4]BONES HEAL...CHICKS DIG SCARS...GLORY LIVES FOREVER[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2004

hey

I wish you good luck with selling a frame made by azonic. Don't forget that woodman makes an even sweeter frame. The "D".

One tubby tubby
    Mar 2004

You want I should break your teeth or somethin???

Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Jason@FBC rides one and Capt.Limpdick does too. I'm sure they'll chime in sometime, and from the limited time i've ridden them, they feel very solid with good geo.

-TS
    I just caught that comment, you're gettin bounced thurs night.
    [SIZE=4]BONES HEAL...CHICKS DIG SCARS...GLORY LIVES FOREVER[/SIZE]

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.LimpwrisT
    The Cap'n here, the woodman elite is what all the cool kids are riding. Perfect mix of bike for me, front end is light and long, rear end is super short and beefy. I run a Sherman flick and 24x3.0's f&r most of the time. It is my urban ride and what I'll be riding in the AR trials series this year. Super wide chainstay bridge limits the size of your front sprocket, I can only run about a 32. Chainstays are so short I had to gring the side knobs on my Arrows because they hit the e13 urban guide....but I'm not *****in, this thing is sweet!! I'll try to post some pics soon...get one if you can!!
    Hey, that would be sweet to see some pics. I am pretty much decided on the elite frame, should be getting it within a couple weeks hopefully. I will be running much smaller tires, probably 2.3's or so. I think I will be running a 26 tooth, so that should work fine. Anyways, if you get some pics, I'd love to see them. Thanks.