Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Why are 29er guy's so uptight?

Just for fun...

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    I think it has to do with the weasel-squeezers most of them wear.

EDR
    It's because smart, well educated people ride them and those people are inherently uptight.

Ahhh....the "rodies of the dirt".

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Because every one thinks they are gay! No offense against gay peeps, unless they ride 29ers of course.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

No Stranger to danger....
    LOL, postv this in the 29er forum, i got you covered for your first 5 minutes of neg rep lol
    There like a pack of muslim extremists in there
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    This thread has so much potential to get good....

RideDirt
    Yea you def should of posted this in the 29er forum lol , then you would see all the hate your gonna get haha..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Ahhh....the "roadies of the dirt".
    +1. I think it's lack of oxygen from the altitude- perched high above them clown wheels.

This new breed of AM 29ers is gonna change that perception IMO.

RideDirt
    Check out this thread LMAO.. I guess 29ers are now looking for something more

36" versus 29" ??

Might as well join a circus or quit life ..

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Because everyone else is buying 29er's and the advantage they had in races is going away fast.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Endomaniac View Post
    I think it has to do with the weasel-squeezers most of them wear.
    I'm stealing this phrase thank you...Surrounded by 29ers. Painfull.

usually cranky
    i ride a 29er but im not going to yell at anyone for doing differently. but i agree, some of those guys can be nuts. i think they are on a wheel size jihad.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    The 27.5 guys are quickly setting a new standard for uptightness.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sorry, I don't have time to answer as I'm going too fast on my 29er.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I ride a 29er unicycle. Rolls over anything!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Glad to Be Alive
    sidenote

all xc and Am bikes are going to be 650 or 29er's in the future....only Dh will have 26 inch....just my mayan prediction of the future....discuss
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

usually cranky
    im not gonna say your wrong, but im not gonna say your right either.

mtbr member
    Has MTBR become pinkbike?

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    sidenote

all xc and Am bikes are going to be 650 or 29er's in the future....only Dh will have 26 inch....just my mayan prediction of the future....discuss
    I think 26" will still be found on XC and AM bikes. Mostly on the children's and small women's models, though. And 650b will be found on DH bikes, and when someone wins a WC race on one, they'll take off.

But to answer the OP's question, I'm not really sure why I'm so uptight. But riding this helps me to loosen up.

This bike is so much fun that I recently rewarded it with a dropper post cable remote, 2x chainrings, SRAM Type 2 rear derailleur, and carbon DH bars.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

backwoods and backwards
    Bikes are awsome...I've got a bunch...one of 'um is a 29er...I like it a lot. Just picked up a mod trials Koxx too. I'm usually super uptight, but I've downed like 4 StormKings while watching Christmas movies with my 5 yr old. Merry Christmas everyone ( maybe the pirate could post up some honey in a sexy santa outfit about now?)
    Last edited by MOJO K; 12-22-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    Live the life you love!

backwoods and backwards
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Bikes are awsome...I've got a bunch...one of 'um is a 29er...I like it a lot. Just picked up a mod trials Koxx too. I'm usually super uptight, but I've downed like 4 StormKings while watching Christmas movies with my 5 yr old. Merry Christmas everyone ( maybe the pirate could post up some honey in a sexy santa outfit about now?)
    FWIW the Karen girl in "Frosty the Snowman" completely reminds me of Rachel Atherton...I think it's the nose?...
    Last edited by MOJO K; 12-22-2012 at 02:03 AM.
    Live the life you love!

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Some 29ers are fun, I have a couple and a DH bike with 26-inch wheels. Say what you want, the Canfield Yelli Screamy is perhaps the most fun bike ever made.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Bikes are awsome...I've got a bunch...one of 'um is a 29er...I like it a lot. Just pisked up a mod trials Koxx too. I'm usually super uptight, but I've downed like 4 StormKings while watching Christmas movies with my 5 yr old. Merry Christmas everyone ( maybe the pirate could post up some honey in a sexy santa outfit about now?)
    here...did I deliver
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why are 29er guy's so uptight?-2010-12-25.jpg  

Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-21-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Moose Member
    not stereotyping, but once I was riding at my local hill, me and my bud were hitting a little 4' drop to warm up, and this guy in full Lycra pedaling a full suspension 29er comes pedaling up, I nodded and waved, then lowered my helmet and put on my goggles to drop in, when the guy yells "Hey!"

I'm kinda like "hows it goin?" then turn back to the drop and start getting ready to hit it.

Then he's all "you ever rode a 29er before?"

I'm like "no, they aren't really developed for this type of riding yet" and point at the drop, but I added in "but I hear they're great for XC"

He then started up in some fat rant about how amazing they are and how they make yer penis bigger and blah blah blah all this BS and I'm just like "bro chill" and he just keeps yakkin about how great they are.

At one point I seriously said "Haha well I gotta go, sick bike thoug-" and he cut me off to keep talking about how amazing his bike is. It took a few more compliments about his bike, and a few more "oh cool, I'll have to try a 29er" comments to get the guy to leave me alone. and all he said about my bike is "Oh yea, a 29er will work a lot better then that old thing..." talking about my 2011 evil revolt with fox 40, and vivid coil rc2.

Like, I respect 29ers, they have a place in our sport, hell I'd even try one if I had the chance, but this dude took it to extremes. Don't tell me yo little gary fisher 29er with 3" of travel would be better for bombing down hills than my Evil Revolt. That's just a stupid argument. Dude was a dweeb.

anywho story/rant time is over. I met tons of good 29er riders who are respectful of me and my tiny ass 26" wheels, but that one tubby dweeb was the first 29er I met, and kinda left me with a bad impression of 29er.

sorry, the thread title reminded me of that story.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post

story/rant time is over. I met tons of good 29er riders who are respectful of me and my tiny ass 26" wheels,

Hey! There is no place in this thread for this kinda talk. Dude was a prick, and he was a prick simply because he rode a 29er. Stand up, be proud and tell the world

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast