mtbr remember

Who's running a bmx stem, and what 22.2 bar?

I'm just looking at my options... I wanna hear only from those who are actually running a bmx stem, and what 22.2 bar you're matching up with it... what rise, width, crossbar or not?
    I've already got a couple bmx stems, a Primo casket and a Demolition F-1 that I'd be taking off my Wethepeople for a 26" urban/dj build up, as well as a few other parts... so, I've been looking around, not too many options for me, but I'm lookin for around 3" rise, not sure if I would cut it down or not, I like wide bars on my mtb's but I've always cut down my bmx bars for x-ups, etc.

I think so far my best option is the Atomlab Jesme Cignature, but seems to be in very limited numbers... anybody running one, and where did you pick it up? of course I like the looks of the .243 chromo, etc, but those things are damn heavy... so let's here what horns are on your bull...
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I am running DMR Wingbars cut down to 25 inches w/ an Odyssey Elementary stem. The Jesme bars look pretty sweet and are originally what I wanted, but I could not find them anywhere and got impatient to finish my bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    i put a set of these on about a week ago:

http://www.fireeye-bike.com/firebar.html

69mm rise with a cross bar and they feel awesome on my cheep $.99 ebay bmx stem. it stiffened up the whole front end of the bike and it's so easy to pull up now. i can actually manual which i couldn't do before. i'm running them at the full 715mm width. i was originally gonna cut em but i just liked how they felt too much to do it

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Atomlab stem. Big Tool 2 1/2" Bars

another bozo on the bus
    i used to run an atomic/ atomlab stem and an s&m stem with these old s&m 4 piece cruiser bars on my old roteck, but have gone back the a longer, convensional mtb bar stem combo, since my bike is more of an all-'rounder now.

banned
    So there's no strength issues with a BMX stem? I have a BMX Crupi Stem that I'd like to run and I don't want to spend a lot of money.

It'll be going on a P.2 Cro-mo with a DJ3 at 100mm and I am 5'5"-ish and 200lbs. Thanks.

mtbr remember
    thanks for the input... yeah, those Fire eyes look STOUT!!! I dig it, but damn 815g, c'mon, that's draggin' my flow... haha...
    anyway, I like the looks of the NS Pure 4130's too, but they're probably just as heavy, not to mention rare to come by in North America... oh, I looked up the Block 8 bars as well, but they are 25.4 I think...
    anybody running some Gusset bars?

and yeah, cruiser bars I guess are another option... but maybe too much rise for the rig I'm building, since it's got susp. not rigid... I think snafu had a really nice riser bar too, but it was discontinued.....

so keep'em comin, I wanna see what you got

I think Union Street or Black Market should come out with some chromo bars... I see BlkMrkt has a stem coming, I wonder if it's 25.4 or 22.2??
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr remember
    So there's no strength issues with a BMX stem? I have a BMX Crupi Stem that I'd like to run and I don't want to spend a lot of money.
    not at all, unless you plan on running an aluminum bar.... which I'm not even sure if you'd find one in 22.2.. but a 4130 bar is much stronger for repeated stress and direct impacts, and when it does give way, it should bend, rather than snap suddenly like brittle aluminum.... I'm not sure how old your crupi stem is though, that's probably kind of old school, at least when I think of crupi that's what I think, is bmx racer.... I could be wrong though...
    Schralp it Heavy.

Now with flavor!!
    Gusset prison bars.

3" rise with a cross bar.

banned
    Nah. It's about a year old. I love it. It's aluminum and it survived me coming 10-15ft off the landing and landing 50/50. That was painful.

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for posting that link, I think I know where my next frame is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by PLURPIMPIN
    i put a set of these on about a week ago:

http://www.fireeye-bike.com/firebar.html

69mm rise with a cross bar and they feel awesome on my cheep $.99 ebay bmx stem. it stiffened up the whole front end of the bike and it's so easy to pull up now. i can actually manual which i couldn't do before. i'm running them at the full 715mm width. i was originally gonna cut em but i just liked how they felt too much to do it
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX

mtbr remember
    yo, so who's runnin' the bmx stylee?
    I wanna hear from somebody using the Jesme bars, or see some pics...
    Schralp it Heavy.