Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RideDirt

Who's got the Troy Lee D3 Carbon Helmet - ? Chime in people :)

Call me crazy or whatever you want but FUK when i saw this , it just seems purely amazing .Im not a pro but this helmet looks like a must . I was watching a video on it , and the way its designed is very nice. Im coming from a Giro Remedy that i got in Medium which is a regular fit , lil loose . I cant seem to forget about it and DEF need to buy this thing . Last year i kind of banged up my Giro helmet when i smashed my head from my fall so im looking for something new and im ready to drop the bills for this thing . Im not a fan boy or whatever , its just i REALLY like their products and the quality and could careless about trying to impress people or look cool .

So how would you guys rate sizing ? Is it pretty accurate or ? and what goggles work good with these helmets Season is about to start in 2 weekends so i need some input soon please ! I can get it for a really good deal too sooooo thats makes it much more sexier haha .. I been eyeing this thing down for a while now.

How can you say no to this ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Aedubber I don't have the D3 but had a D2 composite and now have a D2 carbon and it fits great (got the m/l) . I also had a Giro remedy and I find the overall fit, feel and style of the TLD much better, so I am sure the D3 is going to be even better. I'm kind of in the market for a new lid and saw a few on eBay brand new a few weeks ago at some pretty good prices.
    Last edited by danglingmanhood; 04-20-2013 at 04:59 PM.

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by danglingmanhood View Post
    Aedubber I don't have the D3 but had a D2 composite and now have a D2 carbon and it fits great (got the m/l) . I also had a Giro remedy and I find the overall fit, feel and style of the TLD much better, so I am sure the D3 is going to be even better. I'm kind of in the market for a new lid and was saw a few on eBay brand new a few weeks ago at some pretty good prices.

Are you in the market for a d3 ? If so maybe we can do a double purchase , ill get you a good deal . Lemme know ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm probably going to get a little more use out of my 3yr old lid unless I find a deal too good to pass up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have that exact same helmet....I actually bought two of them, one of me, and one for a friend..According to the TLD sizing chart we both should have used a LARGE but after receiving the helmets BOTH of us had to return them and go one size up..

I'd recommend you size up one size IMO

my previous helmet was a "size Large" 661 Carbon EVO if that helps ??

RideDirt
    Thanks Rich , i asked cuz of that reason . I read some reviews and peopled stated to size up .

Danglingmanhood- Ill PM you the price i can get , so whenever you need an upgrade lemme know .

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Much obliged aedubber!

mtbr member
    I made a recent purchase of the same d3 carbon helmet. I came from a med giro remedy and bought a lrg d3. A little snug brand new but I think it'll fit good after breaking in.
    Definitely size up or have a good return policy.

RideDirt
    See whats weird is that , in a fitted hat i would be considered a Large Helmet size but if i go by cm then i would be a small/med since i measured 55cm when i took my own measurement and coming from the Remedy in Medium it felt loose. . Kind of confusing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I agree, size up. There are other options as well...I'd like to try out the new Bell or Fox helmet.

I'm currently using the Spesh Dissident, its scary light.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Fit is crucial with helmets. The D3 is among the best I have seen, but the Kali is better.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I just bought a Palmer D3. Fits better than most other brands that I've tried. The higher end Kali is the only other helment that had a comparable fit and comfort.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F. View Post
    I just bought a Palmer D3. Fits better than most other brands that I've tried. The higher end Kali is the only other helment that had a comparable fit and comfort.
    Hate the graphics on the Kali , just way too much going on for me . Did you size up with the TLD or did you buy the same size that you usually wear in most helmets ? Thx

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I went from a Carbon Remedy Large to a TLD D3 carbon in XL. The Remedy was a tad loose and the D3 fits perfectly. The inner shapes are different as the Remedy is more of a bowl shape where as the D3 is more oblong and narrow. The D3 is an really nice helmet as it should be for the price tag. It is not as light as I thought it would be but lighter than most helmets. I wear Oakley Crowbars with my D3 and that is a nice combo. Thinking of getting new goggles, either the 100% Accuri or the Scott Tyrant.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I've been using one of these for about a year now. Best helmet I've owned without a doubt. It's probably time to replace it as I've "used" it a couple times...

For reference, I usually wear a 7 5/8 sized hat, and the XL is a perfect fit for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Pretty sure my old Remedy is a medium, and my D3 (non-carbon) is a large. Love my D3 though. Wanted the carbon but was too pricey, got my D3 for a little over $200, maybe $215?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

RideDirt
    Sweet ! Thanks guys , yeah I ordered the 100% Racecraft goggles since I dont know where I put my Oakleys lol .. Yeah with the Giro I def know the feeling you mention being a bowl like feeling.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    My LBS has a large selection. I just tried a few on on went with the size that fit best. I think it was the same size as my Bell.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Another great aspect , besides the awesome feeling of safety/snugness, is that it is designed with the Leatt in mind. It offers the best angles for riding with a neck brace. If you are using this helmet, that means you should be using a neck brace as well. Just saying.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    If you are using this helmet, that means you should be using a neck brace as well. Just saying.
    Mmmhhmm....a T-shirt, TLD moto shorts, and knee pads are also needed to pull off the look.

mtbr member
    "NO pads, JUST neck brace."

Also, make sure your bike is clean and your kit is brand new.

mtbr member
    WTF is wrong with you trolls? I was just saying that the TLD D3 is designed especially for the Leatt. I have read most of Aedubber's threads and responses on the Knolly forum and he'd be wise to wear a neck brace....it has saved mine more than once.

But you guys probably don't need one.....just your pajama kit!
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    he'd be wise to wear a neck brace....it has saved mine more than once.
    Side question: which one do you have? and how do you like it? i've been thinking about one since my recent faceplant down a mountain...

mtbr member
    I used to have the original, I think it was the MX Comp. Now I have a DBX Pro...got a good deal on it. I would get the DBX Comp 4 if I were to get a new one.

RideDirt
    LOL its all good Dominator13 they are just fukin with you lol .. But yea neckbrace is in the near future..

GUYS : I just cleaned the bike , have a 20 pack of MONSTER , brand new TLD kit , TLD socks , boxers , and stickers are all ready to go ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast