Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004

Whistler Bike Park and trails conditions

This space reserved for opening day spam.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

Biking Like Crazy!
    Going up June 9th for a few days!
    Can't wait to read some early ride reports!
    Bring it!
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

RideDirt
    Dont be shy people ...

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Trails in good shape

New South Wales represent!

Two riders from Hobart, Tasmania and one from Bath, England

Advice from an instructor for first timer bike park noobs

"Keep your pedals level"

"Don't make A-line your first (and likely your last) run ever" Sebastian Bunney (who moved here from the UK just three years ago and now is living the dream).

Lineups to get the pass are going smoothly. Whistler Blackcomb has a lot of staff there to keep things rolling

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    More!

From an 11 year veteran of the WBP who began patrolling when the only trail was B-Line

"Take a warm up run"

"Check your bolts and your bikes after a few runs. The Park is hard on bikes". with Shawn Beaudoin.

From a guy who's worked with trail crew for the last three years: "Progression is key - start small and build from there" with Trevor John Berg.

Rob McSkimming is the bike park's "dad" and proudly looks after his other kid as it starts the season.

Lineups weren't bad - 15 to 20 mins. That's good for opening day. So many trails were open everyone spreads out

Straight from Squampton. The Goldstones enjoy opening day with Ron Goldstone.

Get your tickets!

Berms are fresh!

1st run 1st scar. Who left rocks on the trail? And where are all the Pivots?

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    In the afternoon we blew out of the park to ride Kill Me Thrill Me on the north side for some xc

26ering on the Firebird

All mountaining 650bing on the Altitude

pin it
    Gorgeous pics and super report! I see lots of happy faces!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quick edit for some of the lower trails
    - B-Line
    - Ninja Cougar
    - Crank it Up
    - Heart of Darkness

mtbr member
    Looks like too much fun, Lee. I sooo want to be there...... NOW!

And all good advice too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    good to see the trails looking nice and buff. hope they stay that way for us when we arrive in 3 weeks time. and after reading the pinkbike article yesterday i would also like to say a special thanks to the trail crew for all their hardwork . thanks guys keep up the good work

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    It peed rain all day. Bike Parkers were looking wet. Weekender crowds did not materialize.

I did some morning gardening hoping the rain would stop then bailed to go riding in Pemberton. It was dry all day there

Sun came out so perhaps tomorrow will be good!

Slap happy crappiness
    I just got my season pass... never been. Bought the pass for a 3 week trip starting Aug. 1st... but now that I have the pass I'm tempted to make a trip up in June, then in July, then the big one in Aug.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Where do you live? Deals on lodging all over the place right now

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DHgnaR View Post
    I just got my season pass... never been. Bought the pass for a 3 week trip starting Aug. 1st... but now that I have the pass I'm tempted to make a trip up in June, then in July, then the big one in Aug.

bearbackbiking have a good set up and affordable to, check em out at Welcome to Bear Back Biking.
    if you have a season pass it would be rude not to go in june and july lol. we always get the early brid passes, we usually do 2 weeks in june and 3 in sept.

Slap happy crappiness
    I'm coming up from San Diego. I've emailed a few rental places for smoking deals but haven't had luck as far as actually landing a place to stay for the 3 week trip. I'll check out BBB. I got the early bird pass. it pays for itself after 13 days of riding which we'll hopefully get in on the 21 day trip. I'm toying with the idea of multiple trips over the summer... but my friends are busy with life and can't get away so it's less motivating knowing I'd be up there solo. I'm a free man come June 15th though finally graduating uni so this summer is my time to get out as much as possible. Nice to know the park is open until september.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm coming up from San Diego. I've emailed a few rental places for smoking deals but haven't had luck as far as actually landing a place to stay for the 3 week trip. I'll check out BBB. I got the early bird pass. it pays for itself after 13 days of riding which we'll hopefully get in on the 21 day trip. I'm toying with the idea of multiple trips over the summer... but my friends are busy with life and can't get away so it's less motivating knowing I'd be up there solo. I'm a free man come June 15th though finally graduating uni so this summer is my time to get out as much as possible. Nice to know the park is open until september.
    Check out Pique magazine online. I don't know any good rental spots in Whistler but if you're coming up for three weeks you should ride Fromme and/or Seymour at the end of your trip. Lynn Valley B&B is less than $100/night and 5 minute bike ride to the bottom of Fromme. Andrew and Vanessa cater to MTBers.

Lynn Valley Bed & Breakfast | Home
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by homeless junkie View Post
    Check out Pique magazine online. I don't know any good rental spots in Whistler but if you're coming up for three weeks you should ride Fromme and/or Seymour at the end of your trip. Lynn Valley B&B is less than $100/night and 5 minute bike ride to the bottom of Fromme. Andrew and Vanessa cater to MTBers.
    Unfortunately Lynn Vally B&B is no longer in business, you can check out North Vancouver Bed and Breakfast | Crystals View - North Vancouver - Canada. Andrew recommended this place.

allluradirect.com in another good place to check out accommodations. If you have a pass, the WB site sends out email deals to pass holders.

Lots of people come to the park to ride solo. easy enough to hook up with people.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That blows! I hope he still lets me stay with him. Won't be a first time I slept there when they were closed.

That other place is way out of my price range! Maybe I should have kept the XX1 off my bike and stuck with XO... Then I could afford a suite! Good thing it's not muddy in July and August. Can't imagine walking in that B&B dirty and sweaty much less muddy!
    Last edited by homeless junkie; 05-19-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Checked out the other B&B
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodiegrrl View Post
    Unfortunately Lynn Vally B&B is no longer in business.
    What?? Ah that's unfortunate. We really enjoyed our stay there and it was so convenient to the Mt. Fromme trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ya its too bad. Email him and ask. He's still there.

Accommodations in NV are tough for sure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    not to sure if bearback would be booked up at that time of year, usually july through august early sept they can get busy. but its worth a try, you never know your luck,.
    very intresting you should say that about your mates lacking motivation and being free from june 15th, how's this for inspiration and motivation ha ha ha my brother ( colin) and my self will be flying out to whistler for 2 weeks on the 15th of june. we will be staying with bearbackbiking if you want and if they could fit you in, you would be more than welcome to ride and hang with us. we ride everything from park to xc, choice is your's matey, the offer is there if you want.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Not too bad in the morning but busier to the afternoon. The opening weekend sure went well.

Slap happy crappiness
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    not to sure if bearback would be booked up at that time of year, usually july through august early sept they can get busy. but its worth a try, you never know your luck,.
    very intresting you should say that about your mates lacking motivation and being free from june 15th, how's this for inspiration and motivation ha ha ha my brother ( colin) and my self will be flying out to whistler for 2 weeks on the 15th of june. we will be staying with bearbackbiking if you want and if they could fit you in, you would be more than welcome to ride and hang with us. we ride everything from park to xc, choice is your's matey, the offer is there if you want.
    There's a chance I'll actually take you up on this. My graduation is on the 15th so technically I'm a free man the 16th, but I'll price out everything and maybe come up for a few days. I'll be in touch!

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Yet another bike park video

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    After a few days of unsettled conditions the sun is out and the trails are dry and tacky!

Lee on Crank it up, feeling out the shin after bashing into his bike two days ago

At the bottom this jersey was too warm... on the lift and trails it was just right!

Watch out for the trail obstacles!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast