mtbr member

Where are my EX Dual Compound Intense tires?

I started looking for some 60a tires with 2ply, I first considered some Minions, but the 2ply version is 2.5" and 2.7", I need a 2.35" for my rear tire.

So I decided in some Intense Tires, the EX Dual Compound series. A 909 front and Edge for rear maybe. The front one could be 2.5. I'd be using them only weekends and I want them to last preferably for the next year. Light Downhill use.

Any other suggestion?

Anyway, I made the thread if someone know where can I buy them online WITHOUT emails or phone calls. I saw the 909 on universalcycles, but the edge is missing, there's only the lite version (1 ply).

BTW, anyone know the real dimension of the Michelin's DH24 and DH16 2.2" version? I was looking also for which compounds could be chosen. I think they have Standard Compund version (60a)

Pivotal figure
    I'm running 2.35 HighRollers in the UST casing (with tube) since that's the only way to get the thicker sidewall without a huge tire. Not sure why they quit making smaller DH versions..

Slow Patrol
    Oct 2005
    The Minions run a little smaller than their stated size. The Intense tires are honest or a bit bigger depending on model. DH 2.5 was 2.6 out of the box. Now after a bunch of use the case has stretched a bit is now measures 2.7. The World Cup 2.5 was an honest 2.5 out of the box and now measures 2.6. No idea about the 909 but I would expect similar results. I would also expect the 2.35 Intense tires to be honest like the 2.5 size.

I am measuring the widest part of the tire, which for these tires are the cornering knobs.

mtbr member
    Well, that's interesting NormanPCN. Thanks That's what I would like to know also as for Michelin tires.

BTW, you are talking about the Minions with 2ply or the Freeride version with 1ply? Maybe I get 2.5", or maybe as ken stated it, I would try any decent tire around 900 grams with 1.2mm thick tubes.

To be honest, I'm expecting also to minimize flats at the cost of some extra wait. I used to ride some months ago a heavy steel bike, around 55 lbs I guess, and now that I'm building a bike with 7005 aluminium I guess some extra wait here and there won't hurt.

Slow Patrol
    Oct 2005
    According to Shiggy the Michelin DH 32 2.8 measures 2.6 real world. Shiggy has never measured a DH 24 2.5 unfortunately.

Don't know exactly about the Minion, plies wise. They were a DH front and DH rear setup. I just know what my Intense tires actually measured and the Minions by comparison seemed to be running smaller than stated when the tires were lined up visually against mine.

I forgot to mention that my Intense tires are the single ply versions.

pin it to win it
    Nov 2005
    Currently i am running intense tires on my bike. on the front i have a 2.5 Dh fro and on the back a 2.4 edge semi slick. best tire combo i have ever rode. the front dosent wash at all and the rear has a little bit of drift.

mtbr member
    We have the 909 in EX DC both 2.5 and 2.35. In the Edge we only have the FRO Light. IMO the 909 makes a better rear tire than front anyways.

You would have to call to order, but the number is toll-free (1-866-467-4334) at Go-ride.com.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's