Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732

    When you go to Whistler.....

    Drinking at a bar can be fun after a long day riding....but sometimes you drink a little past swerve mode and things happen...over the years here are some classic lines while past my swerve (in full old barnicle pirate mode


    here are 2 classic lines when people teased me implying I had a fat belly in front of others

    This fit rider looked at my beer belly and
    sarcastically said, "Is that Corona or Becks SMT?"
    I said, "There's a tap underneath; taste it and find out."

    I was talking to a girl in the bar one night. She said,
    "If you lost a few pounds, had a shave and got your
    hair cut, you'd look all right."
    I said, "If I did that, I'd be talking to your friends over
    there instead of you."

    When picking up on girls

    Canadian and the foriegn chicks there -it's easy and funny.

    I was telling a girl in the pub about my ability to guess
    what day a woman was born just by feeling her boobs.
    "Really" she said, "Go on then...try."
    After about thirty seconds of fondling she began to lose
    patience and said, "Come on, what day was I born?"
    I said, "Yesterday.

    long time ago they use to have a dance club at some bottom of stairs (not sure if it is still there) anyway I saw this fat chick dancing
    on a table. I said, "Nice legs."
    The girl giggled and said, "Do you really think so."
    I said, "Definitely! Most tables would have collapsed
    by now.

    well anyway, have fun In Whistler and don't turn into an ol barnicle....I am going July 28th through Aug 2nd and

    Lets here some of your best "drunken Mishaps"
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 06-15-2014 at 08:24 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLOracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post

    I was talking to a girl in the bar one night. She said,
    "If you lost a few pounds, had a shave and got my
    hair cut, you'd look all right."
    I said, "If I did that, I'd be talking to your friends over
    there instead of you."

    ha HA

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    386
    Your post reminds of the village stroll at 2am. My wife and I were walking around since it's light out til almost midnight. I saw a girl pee right in front of the Crystal lodge. Wonder if she was past swerve mode.
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    303
    Pending potential swerve starting this Wednesday night.... 5 days up there, riding 3. Swerve-ular for sure.

  5. #5
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by pigdog View Post
    Pending potential swerve starting this Wednesday night.... 5 days up there, riding 3. Swerve-ular for sure.
    have fun....make memories
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  6. #6
    2010 Glory custom FR
    Reputation: frango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,096
    Me and my two pals are going to arrive on 29th. Not sure, whether, first thing we do, is to get wasted but see you around
    pozdro
    frango

  7. #7
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by frango View Post
    Me and my two pals are going to arrive on 29th. Not sure, whether, first thing we do, is to get wasted but see you around
    29th of July ???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  8. #8
    2010 Glory custom FR
    Reputation: frango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,096
    Yes, July
    pozdro
    frango

  9. #9
    Proud lame eBiker
    Reputation: Internal14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,627
    SMT....I'm going July 29-Aug 4th! Maybe you'll let me take a run on some DVO?!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

  10. #10
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    SMT....I'm going July 29-Aug 4th! Maybe you'll let me take a run on some DVO?!
    absolutely...How much you weigh???...If you are under 160 maybe you can ride the wife's bike
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    303
    Got here late in the day yesterday, checked in and started the road to swerve. No damage done but I did get to experience the all time worst margarita in the history of Rita's at the GLC. Saving grace was the good view of guys hitting the drops. Weather is a little iffy this morning but no worries. Overall blown away how beautiful this area is, stunning. Time to go ride!

  12. #12
    2010 Glory custom FR
    Reputation: frango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    absolutely...How much you weigh???...If you are under 160 maybe you can ride the wife's bike
    I am under 160 )))
    pozdro
    frango

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kamsbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    83
    I'll be up this Sunday and Monday. Don't know if I'll be making any of my own epic stories since I am focused on riding this time. Anyone around that wants to meet up for a few laps let me know.

    I guess my best epic Whistler story involves playing an impromptu game of ultimate Frisbee with Tippie and a few others at about 1 AM in the middle of the village.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    303
    Awesome day, completely blown away. Trails are just nuts. Tippie sighting up top, lots of incredible shredders. Happy hour is in full effect. Thank you Whistler.

  15. #15
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by frango View Post
    I am under 160 )))
    honestly that bike is set up better then mine...it is amazing with bottomless travel feel....it eats up the chatter......you will have to beg the wife...
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  16. #16
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by pigdog View Post
    Got here late in the day yesterday, checked in and started the road to swerve. No damage done but I did get to experience the all time worst margarita in the history of Rita's at the GLC. Saving grace was the good view of guys hitting the drops. Weather is a little iffy this morning but no worries. Overall blown away how beautiful this area is, stunning. Time to go ride!
    Should have had them remake.....Mix is probably old
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    Should have had them remake.....Mix is probably old
    It's all good, we're having a blast. Hit the A-line today for the first time, suffice to say I have an uber newfound respect for the guys blasting in the videos out there. No way to do the size and scale justice until you ride it. I didn't do it justice either but man it was an eye opener. We figured we've got between 50-60 miles of actual downhill runs in the last two days. Unreal.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    303
    Swervin Tuesday through Sunday next week.

  19. #19
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by pigdog View Post
    It's all good, we're having a blast. Hit the A-line today for the first time, suffice to say I have an uber newfound respect for the guys blasting in the videos out there. No way to do the size and scale justice until you ride it. I didn't do it justice either but man it was an eye opener. We figured we've got between 50-60 miles of actual downhill runs in the last two days. Unreal.
    step up to Dirt Merchant....my favorite.....Dirt Merchant to A-Line....you can do 4 runs an hour later in the day
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  20. #20
    2010 Glory custom FR
    Reputation: frango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    honestly that bike is set up better then mine...it is amazing with bottomless travel feel....it eats up the chatter......you will have to beg the wife...
    hopefully, mine will not know about it
    pozdro
    frango

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nojoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    311
    Gonna be there the 17th-25th with a crew from Alaska, probably start the Swerve shortly after.......probably have to to take a health day or two.


    How is the new Aline & Merch running? We were there last year, wasnt finished yet

  22. #22
    North Van/Whistler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,610
    Quote Originally Posted by nojoke View Post

    How is the new Aline & Merch running? We were there last year, wasnt finished yet
    Running beautifully. Pretty much no brakes and bombs away
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nojoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
    Running beautifully. Pretty much no brakes and bombs away

    Sik! Getting antsy already........hopefully I can stay in one piece this trip haha

  24. #24
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    step up to Dirt Merchant....my favorite.....Dirt Merchant to A-Line....you can do 4 runs an hour later in the day
    will be there saturday!!!! DM to Aline will probably get run every other run..
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    303
    Got 4 days of riding in. Did a full day coaching session with Paul Howard @ Zep Techniques. Highly recommended. I've been riding DH for 13 years now, technical trails at high speed are no problem for me, but I've never gotten on with jump trails. Within 1 run he had my body positioned fixed so that I was able to clear the jumps on Crank it Up without having to go fast. Unfortunately by the time we moved to A-Line I was out of gas - next trip.

    Goats Gully in the rain was fun/interesting.

  26. #26
    a dad
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by djjohnr View Post
    Got 4 days of riding in. Did a full day coaching session with Paul Howard @ Zep Techniques. Highly recommended. I've been riding DH for 13 years now, technical trails at high speed are no problem for me, but I've never gotten on with jump trails. Within 1 run he had my body positioned fixed so that I was able to clear the jumps on Crank it Up without having to go fast. Unfortunately by the time we moved to A-Line I was out of gas - next trip.

    Goats Gully in the rain was fun/interesting.
    Goats gully in the rain is a new experience, was my second run there last year... whoooaaaa.. not the best way to start, but it was fun
    BBZ

    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

  27. #27
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    Goats gully in the rain is a new experience, was my second run there last year... whoooaaaa.. not the best way to start, but it was fun
    LOL, same thing I did last year. Went up with a buddy who knew the mountain, we did Crank It Up for our first run since I had been off the bike for 2 months with a broken hand and this was the first ride back. Then he took me right to Goats Gully in the wet... yew!

    Just finished booking my trip for this year, I'll be up there Aug. 13-20 for Crankworx and a day after.

    Quick question for those who've flown up there, are the $65 shuttle rides to/from the airport the only option, or is there a cheaper way?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  28. #28
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by DHgnaR View Post
    L

    Quick question for those who've flown up there, are the $65 shuttle rides to/from the airport the only option, or is there a cheaper way?

    if you leave from downtown Vancouver there is a cheaper shuttle
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    513
    Ive been up here all week. A few more days to go. Its getting dusty, but they're still doing trail work.

    Will save the dough and come back when the lil turds are back in school

  30. #30
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    For those wondering about the cheaper shuttle option, here's the link: Whistler Shuttle $35 | Express Bike Shuttle from Vancouver to Whistler
    From the airport you take a 30min skychair ride to their pickup location. $35 ROUND TRIP sure beats all the charter buses $65 EACH WAY price.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  31. #31
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    Anyone else have suggestions for a shuttle from Van to Whistler? Unfortunately Epic Rides schedule doesn't match my flights at all.
    Still trying to find an option cheaper than the Charter Buses so if you have any tips let me know.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    886
    DHgnaR... are you gonna be there on the 13th? This will be my first trip to Whistler too... on the 13th!!! I am SO stoked! I actually joined the NSMB forum just to get info (like that shuttle service you mentioned). Go find me up the mountain... I'll be a short Filipino dude on a small but shiny DHR... =)

  33. #33
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    DHgnaR... are you gonna be there on the 13th? This will be my first trip to Whistler too... on the 13th!!! I am SO stoked! I actually joined the NSMB forum just to get info (like that shuttle service you mentioned). Go find me up the mountain... I'll be a short Filipino dude on a small but shiny DHR... =)
    Yeah, I'll be there the 13th through the 21st. Big guy on a raw Gambler. If I spot you I'll say what's up.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  34. #34
    DenverDH'er
    Reputation: rep_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,149
    Nice comebacks SMT. I'm surprised you remember them!

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,155
    I try not to get past swerve mode. It was cute and would actually result in a hook up when I was younger. These days, it just gets ugly

  36. #36
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by bing! View Post
    I try not to get past swerve mode. It was cute and would actually result in a hook up when I was younger. These days, it just gets ugly
    sometimes you have to say...what the FVck
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  37. #37
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,732
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    Goats gully in the rain is a new experience, was my second run there last year... whoooaaaa.. not the best way to start, but it was fun
    Goats in the rain is a challenge....greasy greasy....just point and pray with no brakes
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Similar Threads

  1. SB-66c enough for whistler?
    By bobsaget in forum Yeti
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 10:01 AM
  2. FB at Whistler ?
    By broccoli rob in forum Pivot Cycles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
  3. whistler
    By biobike in forum Knolly
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 11:17 PM
  4. Whistler.....
    By DMAD in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
  5. Whistler in Aug.
    By Edemption42 in forum Vacations & Destinations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •