Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by djjohnr View Post
    Got 4 days of riding in. Did a full day coaching session with Paul Howard @ Zep Techniques. Highly recommended. I've been riding DH for 13 years now, technical trails at high speed are no problem for me, but I've never gotten on with jump trails. Within 1 run he had my body positioned fixed so that I was able to clear the jumps on Crank it Up without having to go fast. Unfortunately by the time we moved to A-Line I was out of gas - next trip.

Goats Gully in the rain was fun/interesting.
    Goats gully in the rain is a new experience, was my second run there last year... whoooaaaa.. not the best way to start, but it was fun
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Slap happy crappiness
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    Goats gully in the rain is a new experience, was my second run there last year... whoooaaaa.. not the best way to start, but it was fun
    LOL, same thing I did last year. Went up with a buddy who knew the mountain, we did Crank It Up for our first run since I had been off the bike for 2 months with a broken hand and this was the first ride back. Then he took me right to Goats Gully in the wet... yew!

Just finished booking my trip for this year, I'll be up there Aug. 13-20 for Crankworx and a day after.

Quick question for those who've flown up there, are the $65 shuttle rides to/from the airport the only option, or is there a cheaper way?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by DHgnaR View Post
    L

Quick question for those who've flown up there, are the $65 shuttle rides to/from the airport the only option, or is there a cheaper way?

if you leave from downtown Vancouver there is a cheaper shuttle
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Ive been up here all week. A few more days to go. Its getting dusty, but they're still doing trail work.

Will save the dough and come back when the lil turds are back in school

Slap happy crappiness
    For those wondering about the cheaper shuttle option, here's the link: Whistler Shuttle $35 | Express Bike Shuttle from Vancouver to Whistler
    From the airport you take a 30min skychair ride to their pickup location. $35 ROUND TRIP sure beats all the charter buses $65 EACH WAY price.

Slap happy crappiness
    Anyone else have suggestions for a shuttle from Van to Whistler? Unfortunately Epic Rides schedule doesn't match my flights at all.
    Still trying to find an option cheaper than the Charter Buses so if you have any tips let me know.

mtbr member
    DHgnaR... are you gonna be there on the 13th? This will be my first trip to Whistler too... on the 13th!!! I am SO stoked! I actually joined the NSMB forum just to get info (like that shuttle service you mentioned). Go find me up the mountain... I'll be a short Filipino dude on a small but shiny DHR... =)

Slap happy crappiness
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    DHgnaR... are you gonna be there on the 13th? This will be my first trip to Whistler too... on the 13th!!! I am SO stoked! I actually joined the NSMB forum just to get info (like that shuttle service you mentioned). Go find me up the mountain... I'll be a short Filipino dude on a small but shiny DHR... =)
    Yeah, I'll be there the 13th through the 21st. Big guy on a raw Gambler. If I spot you I'll say what's up.

DenverDH'er
    Nice comebacks SMT. I'm surprised you remember them!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I try not to get past swerve mode. It was cute and would actually result in a hook up when I was younger. These days, it just gets ugly

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by bing! View Post
    I try not to get past swerve mode. It was cute and would actually result in a hook up when I was younger. These days, it just gets ugly
    sometimes you have to say...what the FVck
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    Goats in the rain is a challenge....greasy greasy....just point and pray with no brakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2