mtbr member
    Jun 2007

whats a good avereage traveling speed on a MTN bike

i've been putting around the local trails and i feel like im pedaling my butt off, but it barely feels like im breaking a brisk walking speed. id say around 7-15 mph tops on a level track. or mabey i just feel like im going slower than i'm really am because im used to my motorcycle...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I'd say the average is anywhere between 5-30mph. But seriously, it depends on a whole bunch of variables

freeride jerk
    on downhill single tracks that arnt very technical, prolly around 10-25 mph. but on wider downhill straight aways ive gone up to about 35 to 45 mph. it just depends like rover nick said.
    [SIZE="5"]SHANTY[/SIZE]

eci
    40mph

Peace Coast Style
    When DJ'ing I find my average universal speed to be about 15mph. Around here you gotta hit the roads to get to some spots and I normally hold about 15-20 on my hardtail easily. But then again I started in XC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14
    Ever slip a pedal and slam into the seat? That little thing would disappear until I later got to the ER.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heals120
    When DJ'ing I find my average universal speed to be about 15mph. Around here you gotta hit the roads to get to some spots and I normally hold about 15-20 on my hardtail easily. But then again I started in XC.

who cares...if you're not going 1000 mph, you're going too slow

mtbr member
    seen a fella in the uk doing a 100mph,but he was getting towed buy a porsche.

i dont use goggles so when my eyes start to water its roughly 30 ish,but thats pointing downhill.