Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What Does your DH Bike Weight? Post' em Up ! !

62K views 171 replies 94 participants last post by  KozSlow 
#1 · (Edited)
:D :D

Just wondering how does your bike weight.

feel free to post a pic , your spec and setup.

:thumbsup:

#146 · (Edited)
^Nice Todd. Here's pics of the beast that I never bring to Maui for the winter, maybe next year.
Sorry, having issues posting from my phone so you gotta click the links. DH weight is 31.5lb as seen on the scale. That's with 2.7" tires and a biggish seat so another 3/4lb could come off and still be totally DH worthy. I'm told it's the lightest DH bike with all DH parts as no one who's seen it has seen a lighter bike that didn't cut a corner and use something you wouldn't want to put a season of downhilling on. I rode and raced it all last season like this with no mechanicals or flats. During non-resort season I put on some spare 2.5" EXO tires, a smaller chainring, and dropper post and it gets just under 30lb. I've used it for 25-30mi trail rides in that configuration.

#147 ·
man, after reading all these weights, i think my bike is still one of the top for being most heavy. haha. as someone else mentioned, i am actually surprised with the weights of most of the bikes, a lot heavier than i expected.

anyway, last time i weighed out my bike, it was a smidgen under 49lbs. EEK! it sure does feel solid on the trails though.

2007 Norco Atomik Frame w/ several upgrades. Raceface bar/crank set, Marzocchi 888 fork, other minor mods.

-Skim

#149 ·
man, after reading all these weights, i think my bike is still one of the top for being most heavy. haha. as someone else mentioned, i am actually surprised with the weights of most of the bikes, a lot heavier than i expected.

anyway, last time i weighed out my bike, it was a smidgen under 49lbs. EEK! it sure does feel solid on the trails though.

2007 Norco Atomik Frame w/ several upgrades. Raceface bar/crank set, Marzocchi 888 fork, other minor mods.

-Skim
Bike looks really good man! I had a 2009 Atomik and that bike weighed 42.7 lbs. But it rode like a Caddy on the chop, and that's all that mattered. =)

#151 ·
Undead Lite

This is the 3rd version of my Undead and I hope it'll be the last. :p

I really am enjoying the playfullness of this bike. Cutting the weight from 38 to sub 35 make a big difference.

Build Specs:

(L) 2013 Evil Undead
2014 Fox RC4 - Obtainium #425 Ti Spring
2014 Fox 40 FLOAT
Shimano Saint M825 Shifter/RD
Industry 9 Gravity Wheelset
Schwalbe Big Betty DH 2.4 - Tubeless
Schwalbe Magic Mary SG 2.35 - Tubeless
Chromag OSX Bars - Black
Chromag Basic Grips - Red
Race Face Atlas DM Stem
Shimano Saint M820 Brakes/ XT Rotors
MRP G3 Chain Guide
Race Face SixC Cranks/RF 36t
SRAM 1070 12-23 Cassette
SRAM PC 1091 Chain
Point1 Podium II
SDG I-Beam Seatpost
SDG I-Fly Saddle

34.75 lbs.

Attachments

#165 ·
Here's my 2014 Scott Gambler 30, upgrades are new Saint brakes with Saint 203mm rotors, Renthal fatbar, Zee shifter, new Saint rear mech and running tubeless

(I'll have to get updated pics has the one I've posted don't show the upgrades)

Has it stands factory is about 39lb I reckon around 40lb

And one of my AM bike the Cannondale Jekyll 3 together.

#168 ·
Absolutely awesome buddy, it's so stable at speed, and air time is play time :0) it seems like an heavy bike but I've just come off the C/Dale Jekyll which was only 28lbs so I'm still getting used to the extra weight but once your on and flicking it about it's nice and balanced and doesn't feel that heavy.

Theses pics are with the upgrades

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.