Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What 10-25dollar platform pedals?

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  eman 
#1 ·
I'm looking for new platform pedals because I'm sick of slipping off my pedals and killing my shins. I did that twice today. :rolleyes:
My friend that rides bmx recomended SNAFU O/S pedals for 15bucks.
this is them

They are 24.6ounces, is that heavy for pedals? I'm coming from cage style pedals with nylon in the center, so I imagine almost any pedals I buy will be heavier. How much will I notice for example 8extra ounces in the pedals?

Do you guys recomend any other pedals?

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldnt really worry about weight, you wont notice it... I would recommend some Primo Tenderizer platform pedals(bmx pedals). I run them on my bike and have no problems slipping off, plus they are super strong and durable and have replaceable pins. You can get them for about $27 from www.danscomp.com (its a bmx store). :)

#4 ·
DKs are pimp, but IM not sure how much they cost. For another good cheap, light pedal Azonic Magnesium Fusions are pretty good, like $27 at jensonusa.com

#6 ·
eman said:
mtb care bear, its funny that you recomend danscomp.com, thats where my bmx friend told me to get them from.

I think I will go with the Snafu O/S. They are only 20shipped from danscomp.
Yeah www.danscomp.com has some *****in pedals. I have both the Snafu and the Primos and the Snafus are garbage. They dont have the feel that the Tenderizers have. I mean seriously they are a very comfortable pedal that alows manualing with little effort. they are nice. and a serious upgrade

#8 ·
eman said:
So you would recomend the tenderizers over the snafus?

What about the ODYSSEY CIELENCKI PEDALS. My friend has those on his bmx, and they are only a buck more than the tenderizers.
why u dunn like tenderizers bro? lol

#10 ·
nc-17 std I work pretty well for me, i think the cheaper versions (prolly in the $25 range) are the same platform but with cheaper axles and bearings.

felt back pedals suck azz! they look pimp, but the from-the-start-worthless pins start to fall out after a couple of hours of riding. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.