Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Weyless 67???????

Can anyone tell me something about this frame???

1 - Weaknesses???
    2 - It looks a little "fragile"...is it? the tubes are thiner than other FR bikes tubes...

mtbr member
    search

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

already did it

Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    search
    already did it, but in none of the posts I heard people talking exactly about this...

one more thing i forgotten... can i use a 2003 jrt with it???

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by XMAG
    already did it, but in none of the posts I heard people talking exactly about this...
    They're beefed up in '04 and have a five year warranty.

one more thing i forgotten... can i use a 2003 jrt with it???
    Yup.
    --Tod

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's law; I merely enforce it."

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    anyone more???

another question: Does Weyless have a website?

Schmeow Productions
    anyone more???

another question: Does Weyless have a website?
    try using google

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    try using google
    [SIZE=7]ALREADY DID IT[/SIZE]

why people in this forum always think other people thread are useless???????? be just a bit less selfish please! (this isn't' personally for you JBsoxB)

N* Bomber Crew
    I have the bike, I can refer you to the thread I made. Use the search at the top, search 67, look for my thread I made called "Pictures of my 67" I got tons of them mostly of the frame.

Basically, I've been riding it for like 2 weeks now. I love the frame. It's beefy actually. The tube goes square near the headtube, reinforced swingarm, replacable dropouts, awesome cable routing. Its basically pretty beefy. If you break it....uh....I might have to ask how. I think mine is supa burly.

Included is a picture of mine.

In a basic sum up of words: SUPER BEEFY, 5 YEAR WARRANTY.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [size=3]Northstar 2008 Riding Crew[/size]

Custom User Title
    [SIZE=7]ALREADY DID IT[/SIZE]

why people in this forum always think other people thread are useless???????? be just a bit less selfish please! (this isn't' personally for you JBsoxB)
    I think the Weyless brand is exclusive to Supergo. www.supergo.com

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
    [size=7]ALREADY DID IT[/size]

Nope, no website. I've been unable to find geo data anywhere as well.
    --Tod

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's law; I merely enforce it."

Re-friggin'-Lax!!!

Just as "Beefy" as my Stinky Primo

Can anyone tell me something about this frame???

1 - Weaknesses???
    2 - It looks a little "fragile"...is it? the tubes are thiner than other FR bikes tubes...

I am building it this weekend, but if you check my post from ~2weeks ago I have a pictures of the 4 Gussets on the swingarm. This frame compares to any FR frame I've seen as far as it's tubing... (bullit, heckler, Kona's, Giant AC's, etc.)
    The geometry of the frame is on supego site (20" frame 24" top tube.......)

http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?L...604&referpage=
    scroll down the the grey and white striped box the Geometry link is there...

I haven't heard of any weakness with this model (green) the older ones had swingarm flex issues I guess. It weighs the same as my Stinky Primo Frame, weld quality between the two are equal, finish wise they are equal as well (bb threads, inside seattube, etc.)
    I'll post pictures within 36 hours of the build.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Chris

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Wow, SuperGo is selling this frame REAL CHEAP!!! ONLY $400!!! Man I think I might get it and transfer all the parts.

Currently using a Weyless XP, but after seeing this deal, this is almost to good to pass up.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing...

-Ricko, mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

good one

Quote Originally Posted by dpdsurf
    I think the Weyless brand is exclusive to Supergo. www.supergo.com
    good topic... does anyone knows anything about the brand Weyless?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    dunno if the current weyless is related to the original weyless (which was a 1970s road bike and component brand) but the new one is based in oregon, production is done by Kinesis, and they're exclusively distributed thru supergo at the moment, and well, its working for them so why would they switch to widespread LBS sales ?!?

Supergo's housebrand bikes are called Access. Weyless is a seperate company that just sells only thru supergo's chain stores and mail-order site. This isn't unusual in the slightest. In the 1990s, the Cyclepath chain in canada carried a line of bikes under the Maxam brand name, that they were the exclusive canadian distributors for. Doesn't mean maxam was a housebrand at all, just that cyclepath was the only dealer network in canada. More recently, the Sportschek chain in canada are the exclusive Iron Horse distributors/dealers for canada, so if you want an Iron Horse, you have to buy from sportschek in canada. Sportschek is like Supergo in concept. Big box stores that do all sorts of sporting gear (bikes, hockey, skiing, snowboards, clothing, rollerblades, skateboards, etc). There's a couple dozen stores across canada.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    In a basic sum up of words: SUPER BEEFY, 5 YEAR WARRANTY.
    I think its SUPER BEEFYNESS is due to the Kermit the Frog green paint.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    yeah the Easton RAD tubing has nothing to do with it right? Its the kermit paint.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    yeah the Easton RAD tubing has nothing to do with it right? Its the kermit paint.
    Eastom Schmeaston. I'm telling you the kermit paint makes bikes strong as Ti. Not kidding, I'm gonna paint my Banshee kermit green......

....kidding. They look like good bikes for the money.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i just got mine for christmas. it is a awesome bike for the money. i am planning on racing on it next weekend so ill see how it does. anyways, it is a awesome bike and i would defidentally recomend it

crumb

its a sick bike especially for the money

But I still can't figure out why mine came with Sherman Fireflys and a 6-way swinger instead, anyway , here are pics:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saviorself
    But I still can't figure out why mine came with Sherman Fireflys and a 6-way swinger instead, anyway , here are pics:

And dont tell me you are complaining...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

back in the saddle!
    Saviorself, did you get this build for just over 1000???

crumb

yup

Hell no i'm not complaining. And yeah i got it for $1080 from a Supergo store in CA. I ordered one from the site but they after 10 days decided to e-mail me and say they ran out of them and were refunding me and werent sending the bike. So I figured the people at the store had to be nicer so I gave them a call and even though they werent supposed to ship them they contacted the main Supergo place and agreed to send me one and were really helpful and even though it cost $40 more than the normal $40 for shipping it was worth it and it was just an extra suprise that it came with the Sherman and the 6-way instead of the Z150 Drop-off with the cheaper valves and the 4-way. But anyway I just tried my first 5' drop to flat and its all good. I just have to put some more pressure in and I'm good to go. If you can convice a S'go store to send one to you I reccomend it its a great deal

Peace

I've got a Stiffee
    Hell no i'm not complaining. And yeah i got it for $1080 from a Supergo store in CA. I ordered one from the site but they after 10 days decided to e-mail me and say they ran out of them and were refunding me and werent sending the bike. So I figured the people at the store had to be nicer so I gave them a call and even though they werent supposed to ship them they contacted the main Supergo place and agreed to send me one and were really helpful and even though it cost $40 more than the normal $40 for shipping it was worth it and it was just an extra suprise that it came with the Sherman and the 6-way instead of the Z150 Drop-off with the cheaper valves and the 4-way. But anyway I just tried my first 5' drop to flat and its all good. I just have to put some more pressure in and I'm good to go. If you can convice a S'go store to send one to you I reccomend it its a great deal

Peace
    Man, why the hell is your bike in your bathroom? Anyway, yeah I got my 67 with the same specs (Firefly/Swinger 6-way) from my local Supergo. They still had 2 left as of last week with the same specs in medium. Anyway, I took off the Firefly (never rode it in the dirt) and put her on e-bay....sold it for $300 and then got an '05 Z1 FR. That really helped slacken then bike out and not to mention add another inch of travel in the front. Only gotten to ride her once but I'm loving this bike for what I paid for it. Gotta wait for the trails to dry up before I can ride it again

Johnny Dependable

Peace
    Plus you probably also got an XT fr der and shifters instead of deore AND hayes mags instead of hfx-9's right? Sounds like you got the PRE-blowout spec. for the same price. U scored man.

back in the saddle!

Peace
    WOW

That's a great score !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast