mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. ? Weight on the Norco VPS Shore 2003 frame ?

Does anyone knows what is the whoght of an 2003 Norco VPS Shore frame ???

Any comments on this bike ??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

she's a tank but she'll giv'r all day

The frame is heavy. Something like 11 or 12 pounds. Mine fully built is just shy of 50 pounds. But it is hands-down the best bike I have ever ridden. I used to be a weight weenie, but now I never ever have to worry about stuff breaking (except derailleurs, but that's a whole other issue), and can still keep up with most XC-types on the climbs, then jump off of or run over everything on the downhill. The bike handles telepathically. Climbs very well if you have a smooth pedal stroke, and feels not much heavier than my previous 35-pound Heckler.

mtbr member

great rig

I'd think 10-11lbs is about right for this frame, but take into account the big-ass hub you need to put on it with a 12mmx150 axel too. My bike weighs around 42-45lbs.

These VPS bikes are ACTIVE. Compared to bikes like the Stinky, these rear end of the VPS is very sensitive to changes in terrain and are great decenders. Super tough, in fact I haven't seen a single broken 2003 frame. Handling is really good, but ya gotta stay on top of the drivetrain tuning to keep er quiet. I find the rear hanger to be too flexy but that's a minor thing. The bike likes to be going fast, and it can be a bit of a rodeo ride on the slow tech roots when you've got 7" of suspension moving under you. Just takes some getting used to. Great whistler bike and can handle the hucks too. I usually crank the rebound on rear shock for the big climbs.

Anyways, they are much quieter than older style VPS frame and are sweet freeride bikes. Give it a go I say....

http://members.shaw.ca/mike_mc/WCpics/shore2.jpg

Big M, Little organ.
    Jan 2004

10lbs

When speedgoat had is listed, they weighed the frame at 4550g. So if I did the math right would be just slightly more than 10lbs. Don't think that was with the rear hub.

Great bike for the price though. I have no complaints about mine