Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Twenty6 prerunner pedals feedback...

Treated myself and bought Prerunner pedals.
    Because of my sprained ankle, I won't try them for at least 2 weeks. I read few reviews in consumer section, but would like to read your opinions. How are pins and cage holding? Did you 'loctite' pins? Thanks for your input in advance.

Shiny:
    Twenty6 prerunner pedals feedback...-26.p1.jpg
    Last edited by aphis; 07-25-2010 at 04:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Sticky, sticky, sticky! Just keep the pins off of the rox and you'll be fine.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Very good pedals tyler makes amazing stuff... pics of bike I see a pulley wheel...
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    That is a beautiful pedal..

I almost bought these a few weeks ago---Post a follow up review after you ride them a few times....

Zak
    Discernibly Turgid
    Jul 2004
    I love mine - so light and sticky. Get some extra pins though - the aluminum pins save weight but they will just grind off a lot easier than steel ones. The new ones are hollow, a bit taller, and not so sharp.

hands up who wants to die
    lol keep pedal pins away from rocks.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
    my mtb videos: http://vimeo.com/album/6861

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rpet
    lol keep pedal pins away from rocks.
    yes sir!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sick pedals - light, wide platform, sticky, thin. They do leave some nice pedal bite gashes in the calf though.

Biggest problem is durability. The pins disintegrate on contact with rock, but can be easily replaced. The big problem is that the tabs that hold some of the pins snap off as well, so you can't put replacements back in. I'll run these until I kill them, but am ordering some Crampons for my next set.

Gold it's the new Pink!
    Twenty 6 pedals do have a problem with the pins and the tabs. That is why I skipped on them They are a work of art but I need more durability. I have ran Brooklyns for years first Shinburgers then Veggie Burgers. I bought the Canfeild Crampons when the first came out and I am super happy with them. I have not even bent a pin even riding in Phx Az, the land of rocks and boulders.

Stephen

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Yeah, watch out for the outer pins getting hit and snapping the frame of the pedal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Yup my prerunner's pins are more than half gone, ordered new pins. Two of the pin holders cracked off as well. Do love these pedals though. I have cut shins and back of leg, but nothing too bad or any worse than other pedals. Not like Hutch Bear Traps! Also flipped bike onto me twice going over bars, and no injury from these.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Nothing new from me either. I love the pedals, but they are subject to little dings that might not affect a burlier pedal. Chuky has knocked one of the pin mounts off her pedals and we both replace pins frequently from rock strikes.

It's the race car of pedals. Light and fast, they require some shop time to keep them in racing tune.

JMH

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I'm rolling a set of Prerunners this year, so far, so good. Popped a couple pins, nothing special. No broken tabs or big chunks out of the pedals. Spent a week of resort riding in CO just recently, very rocky, no issues.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Mine have been holding up great! I haven't had to use any loctite on the pins. Tylers customer service is the best I have ever experienced!!

-Jasen

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Loving mine:

Yeah, that's my reflection. I've lost two pins cause I didn't locktite, and ripped one off. Threads came out, new pin in. They're thinner than other pedals I've ran so even with a really low BB (951) I haven't hit them much at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Got new pins in today. The replacements I got were different - holes in the middle not like sharp nails.

Nice iPhone pic at sundown tonight.

I never got any real damage from these pedals, just tiny cuts like any pedals. My shins are hacked already in general from dead lifts and skateboarding.

Calm Like a Bomb
    I have a set on my Nomad and V-10 and have been riding them both for the past 5+ months. The pins are definitely soft and will crush if you smack them on rocks, they will also shear off leaving the threads behind, and they will randomly fall out even if torqued pre-ride. The "solution" was to order a set of the new version pins which have a deeper broach so you can torque them better. Lock-tite is also key. The new pins crush just as easily but when they do they still offer grip over the old version which just grind down into a nub. The shearing off problem remains though.

As for the pedal body, they have taken some decent hit and I've only managed to break one pin insert.

The first pic below depict how the pins react to one rock hit. New version on left, old on right. The second pic shows the threads left behind after the pin sheared off. While the last pic shows the broken pin insert. These pics are all of my Nomad pedals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Twenty6 prerunner pedals feedback...-p4pb5084690.jpg  

Twenty6 prerunner pedals feedback...-p4pb5084687.jpg  

Twenty6 prerunner pedals feedback...-p4pb4921630.jpg  

V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

black or polished prerunner, what should I go for?
    will be putting on a black talas in a few weeks

meow, meow.
    Black.
    But I'd suggest going clipless on that rig.
    26" faithful.

Glad to Be Alive
    pins look too long and thin

Commit or eat sh!t
    If you want it, you should wait until v2 comes out. The first batch can't take rock strikes. Here's my friend's after a couple of run at a well known local rocky trail. Not just the pin but the AL area around it shears off. Tyler says he is working on a new model that is supposed to be tougher.

Now with More Wood
    Well, it would certainly seem that there is dire need for a v2...(or less hacking! )

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Random Psycho
    Black.
    But I'd suggest going clipless on that rig.
    that was my initial idea, but with the black forks, the black parts and the charcoal colored frame, wouldn't it get overly... well euh, black? (picture ain't mine btw, just one I found on the web)
    maybe urban camo is a good compromise...

clipless just isn't for me, tried it, not a succes.

mtbr member
    Lightweight bling for the bike tarts, im just a fashion outcast with my 6 year old V12s
    (ill change em when they break)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aphis
    Treated myself and bought Prerunner pedals.
    Because of my sprained ankle, I won't try them for at least 2 weeks. I read few reviews in consumer section, but would like to read your opinions. How are pins and cage holding? Did you 'loctite' pins? Thanks for your input in advance.

Shiny:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26.p1.jpg 
Views:	2405 
Size:	453.9 KB 
ID:	558078
    Let's see the rest of the bike!
    codafurnituredesign.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast