mtbr member

Truvativ Boobar bars?

So, does anyone know when these superwide (80+cm) bars will go on sale? I`ve searched but couldn`t find anything about them.
    WTB: Ritchey Plexus
    DiNotte 200 lights

automobiliana.blogspot.se

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by erol/frost
    So, does anyone know when these superwide (80+cm) bars will go on sale? I`ve searched but couldn`t find anything about them.
    Not sure where the boobars are (have not seen them anywhere myself) nor where you got the 80+cm idea from...they will not be that wide. No one is making a bar over 800mm and the vast majority of 'wide' bars are closer to the mid 700mms.

There are a handfull of good available bars in the 29.5 - 31 inch widths that can be had easily. Sunlines are 29.5" (745mm), FUNN full on are available in 750mm, burgtec wide ride at 750mm, diety dirty thirtys are 30" (760mm), syncros FR 31 at 790mm, etc, etc, ... and the widest bar available the FSA gravity light are 31.5" (800mm even).

see here for more info http://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/free...bar/boobar.php

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info man. Lots of wide bars out, didn`t know that. The 80+cm part i got from when the bar were showcased earlier this year and i was pretty sure that it was over 80cm in width, must`ve remembered incorrectly.
    WTB: Ritchey Plexus
    DiNotte 200 lights

automobiliana.blogspot.se

I gotta pee
    the boo-bar was shown in decline a couple issues ago said to be 30" if i do believe..

edit: found this

On the freeride and downhill side of things, an all-new BooBar (named after former BlackBox manager and now long-travel product manager Jeremiah Boobar) delivers a massive 780mm width for those looking for more of a motorcycle cockpit-like feel.

it was about 3/4 down the page on here:

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...s-15925?img=29

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    qbp has them coming in on 11/19, so just head into a qbp retailer and see if they're order you a pair. They'll be like 60, and if i were you, just order deitys and spend the extra

specs:
    Bar Clamp Diameter: 31.8
    Color: Gray
    Bend: 5 deg
    Material: Aluminum
    Width: 780 mm
    Bar Rise: 20 mm
    Weight: 270.0 g

I gotta pee
    Oh yeah and theres this

http://sram.com/en/truvativ/freeride...bar/boobar.php

And even easier:
    Width options: 740mm and 780mm
    270g-290g
    Butted AL 7050 TV
    Color options: Tungsten Grey and Blast Black Anodized
    Riser options: 20mm and 30mm
    7 degree backsweep / 5 degree upsweep
    31.8mm bar clamp diameter

bearded
    These bars along with the new direct mount holzfeller stem is going to be a great(and affordable) combo.
    BLKMRKT

mtbr member
    Doesn't 290 grams sound really light for a 780mm bar? Dirty 30 is only a bit heavier, but, almost an inch shorter, sunlines are heavier and shorter, etc. What would the lightest you would consider "safe" for a bar as wide as this?

dontcha?
    Quote Originally Posted by kipdrunner
    Doesn't 290 grams sound really light for a 780mm bar? Dirty 30 is only a bit heavier, but, almost an inch shorter, sunlines are heavier and shorter, etc. What would the lightest you would consider "safe" for a bar as wide as this?
    Sunlines are 260g, which would be lighter.. I liked mine this season.. i actually cut them down a tad, as I felt they were a bit long.. handlebar's a handlebar..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    whoops double, sorry.
    Last edited by kipdrunner; 11-19-2008 at 08:36 AM.

mtbr member
    The 260g Sunline is the low rise shorter bar, the 744mm Sunline weighs 309g according to Sicklines.
    Dirty 30, 760mm, 296g. FSA 800mm, 404g. Chromag 760mm, 303g.

With those weights in mind, the Boobars seem really light for how wide they are, just putting that out there.