8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, trade them

7 87.50%
  • No, don't trade them

1 12.50%
    Master of Disaster
    Dec 2004

New question here. Trade: 02 Boxxer World Cup for 02 Shiver DC

I have been approached by a kid with an apparent fetish for Boxxers to trade his Shiver DC for my Boxxer World Cup. Assuming the two are in comparable shape (I will verify it), should I trade them?

I don't freeride, just race.
    Smell The Glove

mtbr member
    If you race, you should keep the boxxer... that is if you are light.

I race as well, I race with a Shiver, but I ride like a Gorilla. Some people here can verify that. Although my 03 Team Boxxer didnt do that bad. I had a Monster before the Boxxer and I felt a huge difference, Monster killed me on the mountain, although I flied into any rock garden faster than almost anybody. Now I just picked a line and go a little slower.

I have upgrades to a Shiver and I love it. Im sure that I will love it on the race course as well. It will also take those 20 foot drops with no problem.

I say go for it, if you are abusive. I think you will be more confident with a Shiver than that Boxxer. Plus you can sell the Shiver for mucj more than the Boxxer.

Good Luck.

rockin the mid-west

bla bla

like the guy said above if you race keep the boxxer but if you freeride go with the shiver DC
    [SIZE="4"]PUNK FOR LIFE[/SIZE]
    freeride & Down hill for life
    Companies I support
    E-13
    Shimano
    Maxxis
    EBC
    Marzocchi
    SIXSIXONE
    Specialized
    Arrow Racing
    Truvativ
    W.O.R.B.A. supporter
    I.M.B.A. supporter

Master of Disaster
    Dec 2004
    I weigh about 140 lbs, and I'm 5-11. I'm pretty sure that would make me fall into the "light" category. That having been said, I ride a really big Santa Cruz Super-8 that is already pushing 50 pounds, and it takes some muscle to ride it as it is.
    Smell The Glove

Glad to Be Alive
    shiverize it...then look into a new frame with tubeless tires
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Master of Disaster
    Dec 2004
    SHIVER: A new frame is not an option - I have no $$$$. Are you still in favor of it? I can probably find ways to inexpensively lighten my bike, to compensate for the extra couple pounds the Shiver DC would add.

Pedaling efficiency is fairly important to me, since the main course I race at has an unusually long flat section
    Smell The Glove

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillkil
    SHIVER: A new frame is not an option - I have no $$$$. Are you still in favor of it? I can probably find ways to inexpensively lighten my bike, to compensate for the extra couple pounds the Shiver DC would add.

Pedaling efficiency is fairly important to me, since the main course I race at has an unusually long flat section
    thinner tires and XC tubes will help a lot, but you will have to run higher air pressure to avoid pinch flats....You will grow into the shiver...go for the trade and use it on the next bike...My buddy piked up a 2004 V-10 frame for 600 bucks bran new on ebay. search around and you will fine many deals...then sell your frame (but clean it up or even paint it)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

VIA
    banned
    1- Morda (alex) does ride like a Gorillal.
    2- Go for that trade...and like someone here said before "good friend don't let friend ride Boxxers"

Jm.
    mtbr member
    I feel sorry for the kid that is getting the boxxer.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

New project, TBA shortly
    you should ask yourself, are you annoyed at the light weight and wish your front end were heavier? maybe pissed that your front end tracks well in corners and think a little flex/wandering front end will force you to hold a straighter line. do you crash and wish that you had to realign your fork legs before you start riding again? if your answers to these questions are yes, then TOTALLY go for it!!

in all seriousness, there are pros/cons of each:

Shiver - better damping, better seals, but heavier and flexier
    Boxxer - lighterweight and stiffer, but worse seals, lower quality damping.

so do you like your fork? have you tried his fork and liked/disliked it? only you can really say for sure...

T.

Master of Disaster
    Dec 2004
    I haven't really had any problems with the boxxer, its just that I keep hearing very good things about the Shiver.

Allow me to reiterate: I am light, and I only race DH - no freeriding for me.
    Smell The Glove