Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

torn MCL, torn PCL, torn meniscus, torn heart...

13K views 82 replies 50 participants last post by  Fuglio 
#1 ·
Busted myself up good at Whistler with the most retarded crash ever...last possible jump on the mountain, on my last run of the day.. go figure huh?

goodbye downhill MTB :cryin::cryin:

time to go see the Ortho, sigh. ...anyone want to buy a 2011 Demo?

#68 ·
Sorry, I was way late to this tread. Great to see you shredding again :)
Nothing better than getting back out and doing what you love after a serious injury.
Good job ustemuf

On another note, it is probably just the angle that the picture was taken, but your fork looks to flexing quite nicely.

Eric
Thanks guys! I honestly was scared to ride for so long...... I wasn't even planning on riding yesterday but my friend came over and dragged me out... and I'm glad he did.

I think it might be the angle of the camera .....and possibly a little bit of flexing - Boxxers are designed to flex a little bit for superior tracking... and I was slamming into the berm as hard as I possibly could for being on an unfamiliar bike!

http://www.railmaster.net/bermfun.mp4 weeee

#65 ·
Post a thread about your new build, curious to see what you got going on. Also, how was it coming back? I was off the bike for 10 weeks when I broke my collarbone, and was very nervous about how I would ride when I got back on the bike. After about 3 days it was like I never stopped riding, and felt like I actually might have been riding better than before. Wondering if you experienced something similar. Anyways, keep rollin!

#75 ·
thanks!

Youthful, good genetics and being intelligent about recovery by ignoring doctor's orders and proceeding with walking/other activities as soon as I was able to :)

For example - they said cast for 4 weeks..... I used it for one before I could walk somewhat with no limping.. doing stretches and light exercises (using my bodyweight only - like lunges, squats, etc) everyday...Every bit of "new" medical advice I could find about sports recovery is the sooner you can do something, the better.. Unlike most doctors advice which is isolate, ignore, and rest.

I probably could have been back even a month ago - I just wanted to give it extra time to heal.

Today I pretty much have no symptoms of injury other than my tibia has a little bit of "give" to it from my PCL being stretched... pretty happy how everything turned out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.