Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf View Post
    Demo is still my ride..

In the picture is my friends Makulu that I built up.... I had my demo there, but I tried pumping some air into it on the trail and I think a piece of dirt got stuck in the valve....and anyways, Vivid air blew up so we took turns riding his bike.

So it's been a little over 3 months now and it was my first day back.. I was hitting the berms harder and smoother than I ever have before.. I hit some jumps/hips and felt super smooth too but didn't want to hit the jumps up too hard on my first day back. All in all, felt awesome to be out riding again... My skills improved by sitting on my ass somehow, so yeah I did experience something similar!
    I think riding is like weight lifting in a way. If you stopped getting stronger you take a week or two off. When you come back your stronger than before. This time with bikes your riding faster than before. I noticed that with myself, off the bike for a while then first time on I'm riding better. Seems like you don't pay attention to the little stuff, just the trail. Anyways kind of drunk right now so sorry if its off topic. Drink on.

brake later, pedal sooner
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post
    Nice to see you back on the bike already, how the fahk did you recover so quickly??
    thanks!

Youthful, good genetics and being intelligent about recovery by ignoring doctor's orders and proceeding with walking/other activities as soon as I was able to

For example - they said cast for 4 weeks..... I used it for one before I could walk somewhat with no limping.. doing stretches and light exercises (using my bodyweight only - like lunges, squats, etc) everyday...Every bit of "new" medical advice I could find about sports recovery is the sooner you can do something, the better.. Unlike most doctors advice which is isolate, ignore, and rest.

I probably could have been back even a month ago - I just wanted to give it extra time to heal.

Today I pretty much have no symptoms of injury other than my tibia has a little bit of "give" to it from my PCL being stretched... pretty happy how everything turned out.

C S
    mtbr member
    So it's been a little over 3 months now and it was my first day back.. I was hitting the berms harder and smoother than I ever have before.. I hit some jumps/hips and felt super smooth too but didn't want to hit the jumps up too hard on my first day back. All in all, felt awesome to be out riding again... My skills improved by sitting on my ass somehow, so yeah I did experience something similar!
    Man, you have no idea how encouraging that is to me right now. I destroyed my elbow almost 3 months ago, had to have surgery, and am still waiting for the Dr to clear me to put weight on it again. Bones are healed up, ligaments are not. It's been a long and painful couple of months with a lot of PT, but I'm hoping I can get back on the bike in 2 weeks.

Glad to see you're riding again!

mtbr member
    thanks!

Youthful, good genetics and being intelligent about recovery by ignoring doctor's orders and proceeding with walking/other activities as soon as I was able to

For example - they said cast for 4 weeks..... I used it for one before I could walk somewhat with no limping.. doing stretches and light exercises (using my bodyweight only - like lunges, squats, etc) everyday...Every bit of "new" medical advice I could find about sports recovery is the sooner you can do something, the better.. Unlike most doctors advice which is isolate, ignore, and rest.

I probably could have been back even a month ago - I just wanted to give it extra time to heal.

Today I pretty much have no symptoms of injury other than my tibia has a little bit of "give" to it from my PCL being stretched... pretty happy how everything turned out.
    Thats good news man

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Great to see you back on the bike! Quick question, how was your impression of the makulu? I'll be building one up soonish, I read reviews and such, but would still be nice to hear the opinion of someone who I know rips harder than most.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    How'd you convince the wife? haha

Getting back on the bike is always a wonderful feeling!

brake later, pedal sooner
    i guess i can still throw some whips what a fun day to ride... so tacky.

RideDirt
    Glad your back man ! As soon as the season starts up here in NJ ill be back too lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    yeah!! the tranny berm is so nice now that it was rebuilt. ya can just rail it to g line

mtbr member
    suscribed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4