Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 85
  1. #51
    Special Lister
    Reputation: kjsayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    I've had 3 ACL surgeries and I still get at it. Buddy of mine rode 2 full days a Copper Harbor 2 weeks ago with a broken hand...

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    715
    OP wishing you a speedy recovery.

    I ruptured my PCL, LCL, meniscus, IT band on my rt side, I had surgery to repair the ruptures
    and worked my ass off in PT. It took some time to get back to riding, started with walking in the mall, then the sidewalk, then paved trails and finally riding.

    My wife just ask me to be careful and try not to ride such technical trails.
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    18
    man, carlmont will miss you if your not back. your a legend bro!

  4. #54
    brake later, pedal sooner
    Reputation: ustemuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    619
    so it feels really good to ride again......


  5. #55
    Committed
    Reputation: 1soulrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf View Post
    so it feels really good to ride again......

    Good stuff

  6. #56
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,266
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf View Post
    so it feels really good to ride again......

    awesome...where is that??
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  7. #57
    Lightly salted
    Reputation: fuenstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,218
    Winning

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,614
    New bike? Way to get back in the saddle!
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

  9. #59
    pin it
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,249
    nice to know that you've bounced back (sweet looking berm)
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  10. #60
    PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Reputation: StuLax18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,285
    Very nice!

    Berm looks better than I remember also.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    876
    Good to see. Congrats.

  12. #62
    Team Chilidog!
    Reputation: Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    healing vibes...6 months and riding again...back up to speed in 9 months....do rehab and start doing weights in gym...the key is low weight and sets of 25....yes 25
    This. Teach the body muscle endurance again. Go kill PT.

    Healing vibes Kurt. I was really hoping to ride with you this next year because my DH bike will be built then.

    And don't sell your bike. Don't ever give up. PCLs and MCLs heal. Got a new ACL and a meniscus clean (a 1/3 of my medial posterior left meniscus is gone) myself a couple of years ago, still riding but even stronger than before.

    If that's the case with me, you can too!
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

  13. #63
    Team Chilidog!
    Reputation: Stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    7,232
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf View Post
    so it feels really good to ride again......

    Sorry, I was way late to this tread. Great to see you shredding again
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

  14. #64
    Moose Member
    Reputation: Moosey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,198
    Yay! I missed your regular stoke. Glad to see you back on the bike.

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    655
    Nothing better than getting back out and doing what you love after a serious injury.
    Good job ustemuf

    On another note, it is probably just the angle that the picture was taken, but your fork looks to flexing quite nicely.

    Eric

  16. #66
    DownhillBAWS
    Reputation: jakester29959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    266
    Nice! But where's the demo?

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    876
    Post a thread about your new build, curious to see what you got going on. Also, how was it coming back? I was off the bike for 10 weeks when I broke my collarbone, and was very nervous about how I would ride when I got back on the bike. After about 3 days it was like I never stopped riding, and felt like I actually might have been riding better than before. Wondering if you experienced something similar. Anyways, keep rollin!

  18. #68
    brake later, pedal sooner
    Reputation: ustemuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    awesome...where is that??
    Carlmont (Belmont, CA)

  19. #69
    brake later, pedal sooner
    Reputation: ustemuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F. View Post
    New bike? Way to get back in the saddle!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakester29959 View Post
    Nice! But where's the demo?
    Quote Originally Posted by csermonet View Post
    Post a thread about your new build, curious to see what you got going on. Also, how was it coming back? I was off the bike for 10 weeks when I broke my collarbone, and was very nervous about how I would ride when I got back on the bike. After about 3 days it was like I never stopped riding, and felt like I actually might have been riding better than before. Wondering if you experienced something similar. Anyways, keep rollin!
    Demo is still my ride..

    In the picture is my friends Makulu that I built up.... I had my demo there, but I tried pumping some air into it on the trail and I think a piece of dirt got stuck in the valve....and anyways, Vivid air blew up so we took turns riding his bike.


    So it's been a little over 3 months now and it was my first day back.. I was hitting the berms harder and smoother than I ever have before.. I hit some jumps/hips and felt super smooth too but didn't want to hit the jumps up too hard on my first day back. All in all, felt awesome to be out riding again... My skills improved by sitting on my ass somehow, so yeah I did experience something similar!

  20. #70
    brake later, pedal sooner
    Reputation: ustemuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    Yay! I missed your regular stoke. Glad to see you back on the bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes View Post
    Sorry, I was way late to this tread. Great to see you shredding again

    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    Nothing better than getting back out and doing what you love after a serious injury.
    Good job ustemuf

    On another note, it is probably just the angle that the picture was taken, but your fork looks to flexing quite nicely.

    Eric
    Thanks guys! I honestly was scared to ride for so long...... I wasn't even planning on riding yesterday but my friend came over and dragged me out... and I'm glad he did.

    I think it might be the angle of the camera .....and possibly a little bit of flexing - Boxxers are designed to flex a little bit for superior tracking... and I was slamming into the berm as hard as I possibly could for being on an unfamiliar bike!

    http://www.railmaster.net/bermfun.mp4 weeee

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    507
    Glad to see you back and it looks like you picked up right where you left off!

  22. #72
    brake later, pedal sooner
    Reputation: ustemuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Very nice!

    Berm looks better than I remember also.
    Thanks.. oh man it's one of the best berms in the world as far as i'm concerned at least fun wise..

    it was rebuilt last Wednesday...

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ron m.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf View Post
    Thanks.. oh man it's one of the best berms in the world as far as i'm concerned at least fun wise..

    it was rebuilt last Wednesday...
    Glad you're back, buddy. Mitch, Carlos and Justin were stoked to see you there. Cmont is becoming my new fave... even though 99% of the stuff there is too big for my skill level.

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf View Post
    Demo is still my ride..

    In the picture is my friends Makulu that I built up.... I had my demo there, but I tried pumping some air into it on the trail and I think a piece of dirt got stuck in the valve....and anyways, Vivid air blew up so we took turns riding his bike.


    So it's been a little over 3 months now and it was my first day back.. I was hitting the berms harder and smoother than I ever have before.. I hit some jumps/hips and felt super smooth too but didn't want to hit the jumps up too hard on my first day back. All in all, felt awesome to be out riding again... My skills improved by sitting on my ass somehow, so yeah I did experience something similar!
    Nice. Yea I was timid on jumps at first but after I sac'd up and finally hit the jump that took me out it was game on.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,699
    Nice to see you back on the bike already, how the fahk did you recover so quickly??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •