Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Loves His Sunday

Today's Ride Pics....Not MTB.....MX....Just a Few

At the practice track today......

1. Me up top, MX249 in middle, MX887 Semi Bubba Scrubbin on the bottom.
    2. Kid that was going huge. There's two 15ft tables about 30ft apart..he was doubling them
    3. Same kid
    4. Me...Crappy pic but figured I'd post one of myself. 25Ft Double.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SAYNDESYN on the Iron Horse Sunday,

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

Juanjo
    nice high, nice pics.

good sharing
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    how much would a nice, used mx bike be anyways? ill get one when im in college
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

[size=4]DREAM THEATER[/size]

Loves His Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    how much would a nice, used mx bike be anyways? ill get one when im in college
    Depends on what you want and how many years old it is. Lets just say a 250F. I ride a YZ250F and 887 rides a CRF250. Brand new they cost about $5500. One year old maybe $4000. It's all relative.

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrider489
    Depends on what you want and how many years old it is. Lets just say a 250F. I ride a YZ250F and 887 rides a CRF250. Brand new they cost about $5500. One year old maybe $4000. It's all relative.
    woah, not bad. i thought they cost like 8000 bux new. mtbs are just as expensive

so the yz250 would be comparable to like...............a demo 9?

mtbr member
    a four stroker is ussally more than a 2 stroker by about 500ish. when i'm 18 i want to get a wr459f. they are almost 7k but they have a ton of power, good trail bike with the supension on an MX bike. i might try to make it street legal, but anyways sweet pics man, you yz250f reminds me of my ttr that i sold recently.

Loves His Sunday
    woah, not bad. i thought they cost like 8000 bux new. mtbs are just as expensive

so the yz250 would be comparable to like...............a demo 9?
    Well....Mx is completly different from MTB. First off a YZ250 is a completely different bike than a YZ250F. The F stands for Four Stroke. The YZ250 is a two stroke. Nowadays 250F's are dominationg the 125 class. Next It not really comparable to a Demo 9 because in MTB the Demo 9 is like the king of bikes..not everybody racing DH at the amateur level has them. But when you go to the starting lines of one of our MX races there are 40 Bikes 90% of them are of the Japanese Foursome (Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki). So everybody pretty much starts out with one of 4 bikes and the part that makes them special is the Mods you make to it. So unlike MTB we all start on the same basic platform in a way and they get better as we build them up from stock. Instead of some people having bikes with less travel etc. like in DH. Hope that helps some.

P.S yah they cost about the same a Top of the Line MTB which is what kills me each time I look at a new MTB. All that goes through my mind is
    "No Engine Same Price! " But I like MTB enough to spend some money there too. Plus I use it to train for MX so that's how I justify it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Sweet a mx picture thread on a mtb forum. I'm down
    Everyone post your pics

mtbr member
    post pics of the MX bikes.

Pro Crastinator
    that's pretty rad. i'm scared of jumping dirtbikes, i tried 2 times in my life and ended up in the hospital both times.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    that's pretty rad. i'm scared of jumping dirtbikes, i tried 2 times in my life and ended up in the hospital both times.....
    ouch, what happened? too fast too slow?
    Last edited by freerider167; 08-09-2005 at 05:37 PM.

Loves His Sunday
    In That Case.......

Custom User Title
    that's funny based pics i've seen of you jumping your mtb. i'm just the opposite. i'm much more comfortable jumping dirt bikes. like anything, just what you're used to i guess.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    ouch, what happened? too fast too slow?
    i didn't know you were supposed to lay off the throttle after you get airborn, both times i tried to go big and the bike looped out both times, making me land practically upside down. stitches galore, broken ankle and wrist....
    (edit: broken wrist the first time, broken ankle the second, crazy amounts of stitches both times...)
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 08-09-2005 at 06:03 PM.

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    mmmm, looks like fun, i wanna get into it.

theres 2 dealers by my dads restaurant. yamaha and honda (their like practically next to eachother) which company makes good bikes for beginners?

mtbr member
    nice nice!! i don't have an mx, but i know a lot (most?) of the top world cup dhers cross train on mx. so which is easier? mx or dh? mx looks knarlier to me, generally, but i guess it depends. probably a lot more work wrenching than a dh bike, given that engine thing. that's a sweet berm shot pic MX887... braaapp!!!!

Loves His Sunday
    i didn't know you were supposed to lay off the throttle after you get airborn, both times i tried to go big and the bike looped out both times, making me land practically upside down. stitches galore, broken ankle and wrist....
    (edit: broken wrist the first time, broken ankle the second, crazy amounts of stitches both times...)
    Well I guess you learned from experience. But for future reference or anybody else you don't want to shut off the throttle in the air completely. Revving in the air is called panic revving, it brings the front end up if it starts to dive. Shutting the throttle off in the air (especially on 4strokes) makes you nosedive do to engine braking, your wheel slows a lot while you are in the air but your bike is still moving at takeoff speed so when you land your wheel has to get back up to speed causing a harsh landing which brings about sideways bounces, looping out. You want to keep the throttle open a bit to keep that rear wheel singin for a smooth landing. and belive me I have learned from many hard landings, crahses, and trips over the bars.

Loves His Sunday
    mmmm, looks like fun, i wanna get into it.

theres 2 dealers by my dads restaurant. yamaha and honda (their like practically next to eachother) which company makes good bikes for beginners?
    Ok. Really broad subject. All the Japanese companies have beginner bikes. Beginners usually start on trail bikes. Stay away from two strokes for your first bike! Believe me. Two stokres aren't like 4 strokes with a wide spread of power, they have a powerband and you have to keep the bike on teh power by using the clutch a lot. The power hits so hard to. I'm assuming you weigh about 150lbs just a guess. So Honda has the CRF230 which is a great bike to learn on. And Yamaha has the TTR-230 which is also an excellent biek to learn on. Both have electric starts so it fires at the push of a button. Fun bikes that you can learn on and progress into getting a race bike. But If you wanted to get a race bike right away to save money in the long run any of the companies 250F's would be ok to learn on because although they have huge power and torque. They also have the ability to putt around at low speeds until your ready to move along. My advice research. All the companies have websites, and you can pick up MX mags that will have helpful tips.

pwn3rator
    sick, i was thinking about starting to ride some mx again, i stopped because my bike kept breaking and my track got all ****ed up...
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mtbr member
    a good trail bike would a use wr250f, not an mx, but almost, it's like the YZ205f but with head/brake lights and sligthly modified engine. still the same power and can be tuned. anyways the bikes are sweet and so are the pics.

Loves His Sunday
    a good trail bike would a use wr250f, not an mx, but almost, it's like the YZ205f but with head/brake lights and sligthly modified engine. still the same power and can be tuned. anyways the bikes are sweet and so are the pics.
    Thanks dude. Actually though the power on the two isn't quite the same the WR is way detuned to meet California Emissions standards which the YZF doesn't have to meet because it is a closed course competition bike. My buddy has a WR400 and after riding my YZ250F he was amazed by how much power it had and said it was about teh same as his WR400. And the fork on teh WR and YZF is completely different. A lot of people make the mistake of saying they are the same because they are both Kayaba inverted forks but they are different. That's not saying you Can't squeeze some serious power out of teh WR's though. There's a YZF in there somewhere waiting to be unleashed.

mtbr member
    Thanks dude. Actually though the power on the two isn't quite the same the WR is way detuned to meet California Emissions standards which the YZF doesn't have to meet because it is a closed course competition bike. My buddy has a WR400 and after riding my YZ250F he was amazed by how much power it had and said it was about teh same as his WR400. And the fork on teh WR and YZF is completely different. A lot of people make the mistake of saying they are the same because they are both Kayaba inverted forks but they are different. That's not saying you Can't squeeze some serious power out of teh WR's though. There's a YZF in there somewhere waiting to be unleashed.
    he has that older bike and here in mass they are restricted but you can tune them to almost the YZ almost... cause i went to a dearly ship and they said the bikes engine are almost identical beside the jetting and some other mods. what state do you live in anyway?Also the wr400 was a break through back in the day but the yz250 was also a break through in design. you prolly are right about the power bewteen the wr and yz, but if you tune the wr to be like the yz it will almost be identical.

Loves His Sunday
    he has that older bike and here in mass they are restricted but you can tune them to almost the YZ almost... cause i went to a dearly ship and they said the bikes engine are almost identical beside the jetting and some other mods. what state do you live in anyway?Also the wr400 was a break through back in the day but the yz250 was also a break through in design. you prolly are right about the power bewteen the wr and yz, but if you tune the wr to be like the yz it will almost be identical.
    I live in CT but all bikes are mandated to meet California emission standards because they are the most strict in the country. The 400 engine was a huge breakthorugh. The engine was debuted in 98 when Doug Henry raced teh national circuit on it and won the 250 title. Up to that point no one thought a four stroke could ever be competitive in the field of 2 strokes. That started it all. Now 99% of riders on teh National Circuit are on 4 strokes. And yes the engines are based on eachother so like I said there is a YZF hidden in that WR motor that can be brought out with proper mods.

mtbr member
    I live in CT but all bikes are mandated to meet California emission standards because they are the most strict in the country. The 400 engine was a huge breakthorugh. The engine was debuted in 98 when Doug Henry raced teh national circuit on it and won the 250 title. Up to that point no one thought a four stroke could ever be competitive in the field of 2 strokes. That started it all. Now 99% of riders on teh National Circuit are on 4 strokes. And yes the engines are based on eachother so like I said there is a YZF hidden in that WR motor that can be brought out with proper mods.
    yeah true, anyways what year is your YZ250f?

mtbr member

mx pics

Heres some more mx pics....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast