Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    I read that as ti BB bolts, not the BB spindle. If you have a current external bearing BB crankset ti spidles are not an option, and they are already lighter than steel splined/square taper cranksets.

The weight difference between my Profile Racing steel and ti spindles (solid versions) is ~1/3 lb. About as heavy as spindles get.
    its the echo ti bb. i was alittle off on the weight difference on the bb, felt alot more then what it measures at.

New system ISIS Bottom Bracket from Echo. with 124mm axle.
    Complete weight including crank bolts: 197g (Titanium), 262g (Steel)

bike rider
    I used to use Racebolts.com but now I'm using eBay and the prices and quality have been great. I use Ti on everything but linkages and in some cases like brake lever bolts I use alloy in colors.
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I've gathered using high quality stuff is important, ill be ordering from the link below. Is this quality ti hardware?

Titanium Bolts, Titanium Bolt, Titanium Fasteners, Ti Bolt

Also, is there anywhere that I absolutely SHOULD NOT use ti bolts? I was going to leave my pivot hardware stock. Here's a list of the locations I am considering safe for titanium use.

Fox 40 clamp hardware
    Fox 40 axle pinch bolts
    Seat post collar clamp bolt
    Rotor bolts
    Caliper mounting bolts
    Brake lever clamp bolts

Would shock mount bolts be okay? I'm on a DW DHR if it makes any difference.

I'm using a Function Inertia Project top crown with integrated direct mount stem. Uses 4 bolts total in the stem area to clamp the handlebars. Would the handle bar clamp bolts be safe for titanium use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2