mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Therapy Components (aka Brake Therapy) at the Indy 500

For those of you that may be interested, we've done some engineering on a last minute entry to the Indy 500, with a car driven by PJ Jones (Parnelli's son), and Stephan Gregoire.

We didn't get on the trck until the final weekend of practice and qualifying, but put the cars in the race in 30th and 32nd (out of 33rd), with, by far, the least amount of laps turned by any car during the month (most have been running for two weeks).

Not like we have a chance to win, but a good chance at a top ten, with the lowest budget in the field, and Therapy Components will have a sticker on the car, so that's cool..

I know there are some people out there with a "cars are bad" attitude, and we're wasting fossil fuel, etc, but I've alwaysd been racer, and will be even when it's wheelchairs, so I can't help but get involved when the opportunity arises.

And for customers who are waiting for their floating brakes, etc, please accept my apologies, we'll get your order out as soon as possible.

I'll post some pics soon.

Brian

Bikes@therapycomponents.com

www.therapycomponents.com

ride hard take risks
    Congratz on the succes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Congratz on the succes.
    Thanks!, I don't know that I'd call it success just yet (the 500 is not what it used to be), but it still gets my heart pumpin', and the race should be fun, so cheer us on!!

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by shock
    Thanks!, I don't know that I'd call it success just yet (the 500 is not what it used to be), but it still gets my heart pumpin', and the race should be fun, so cheer us on!!
    To be asked to partisipate in something at that level is a giant success especially if you get noticed in the right way, your favor. Ya it's not like it used to be but it's better than watching it on TV. Right on, hope it all works out in your favor, enjoy!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    To be asked to partisipate in something at that level is a giant success especially if you get noticed in the right way, your favor. Ya it's not like it used to be but it's better than watching it on TV. Right on, hope it all works out in your favor, enjoy!!
    Yea, I know, I guess I get a little jaded in my old age, you know when there were 60 cars trying to make the field, and 150,000 people showing up for qualifying, it added a little more excitement...

but still, it's a cool event, we'll still have 250,000-300,000 spectators on race day, and even to finish 33rd pays over $100k. Belive me, I'm stoked to be part of it, and I'll be bringin my bike into the pits....

Also, both drivers are big into mountain biking, so they're pumped that we also sponsor the "back to back" world DH champ (Fabien Barel)...racing is racing...

Thanks for the props....

Glad to Be Alive
    Nascar is better, but that is still way cool for you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    sounds great! I got a quick question is there anytime throughout the year that you offer discounts on floating disc brake conversions for my 01 kona stab? I would LOVE to have floating rear brake but cant afford the full price. Thanks again!
    For those of you that may be interested, we've done some engineering on a last minute entry to the Indy 500, with a car driven by PJ Jones (Parnelli's son), and Stephan Gregoire.

We didn't get on the trck until the final weekend of practice and qualifying, but put the cars in the race in 30th and 32nd (out of 33rd), with, by far, the least amount of laps turned by any car during the month (most have been running for two weeks).

Not like we have a chance to win, but a good chance at a top ten, with the lowest budget in the field, and Therapy Components will have a sticker on the car, so that's cool..

I know there are some people out there with a "cars are bad" attitude, and we're wasting fossil fuel, etc, but I've alwaysd been racer, and will be even when it's wheelchairs, so I can't help but get involved when the opportunity arises.

And for customers who are waiting for their floating brakes, etc, please accept my apologies, we'll get your order out as soon as possible.

I'll post some pics soon.

Brian

Bikes@therapycomponents.com

www.therapycomponents.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Nascar= "level playing field"=" any wanker can win"=carburetors and live rear axles" = "stone age engineering"="cheaters"="floor it and turn left"="appeal to the lowest commen denominator"="boring"="don't get me started or I'll really piss you off"

But, hey, that's just my opinion, so don't hold it against me.....I'm still havin fun and goin racin....it's all I know...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by konastab01
    sounds great! I got a quick question is there anytime throughout the year that you offer discounts on floating disc brake conversions for my 01 kona stab? I would LOVE to have floating rear brake but cant afford the full price. Thanks again!
    Give me a call at 765 528-2138, or drop me an email at braketherapy@therapycomponents.com, I'm sure we can work something out. maybe a "blem". We're making a lot of Stab floaters.....

Glad to Be Alive
    Nascar= "level playing field"=" any wanker can win"=carburetors and live rear axles" = "stone age engineering"="cheaters"="floor it and turn left"="appeal to the lowest commen denominator"="boring"="don't get me started or I'll really piss you off"

But, hey, that's just my opinion, so don't hold it against me.....I'm still havin fun and goin racin....it's all I know...

all good.....................
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Give me a call at 765 528-2138, or drop me an email at braketherapy@therapycomponents.com, I'm sure we can work something out. maybe a "blem". We're making a lot of Stab floaters.....
    Thanks a lot ill be emailing you right now! My name is Jan Khan. Thank you very much! love you guys!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    all good.....................
    Ya, I figured you'd say that. thanks for the support, and cheer for our mtb ridin drivers...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by konastab01
    Thanks a lot ill be emailing you right now! My name is Jan Khan. Thank you very much! love you guys!
    All right man, I'll be alittle busy till this weekend, but be patient, we'll hook you up...

Brian

TNC
    noMAD man

Nascar...cookie cutter cars.

I grew up liking Nascar and staying up with all the race teams and drivers, but in recent years those cars are basically cookie setups with not much difference in the cars, brands, and engineering. Maybe we should just all ride Specialized Big Hits with Bomber forks. Nothing wrong with that bike, but I'd hate to lose all the variety in brands and designs that we have to chose from...because someone made a rule. I like machines and the differences inherent in each of them.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I grew up liking Nascar and staying up with all the race teams and drivers, but in recent years those cars are basically cookie setups with not much difference in the cars, brands, and engineering. Maybe we should just all ride Specialized Big Hits with Bomber forks. Nothing wrong with that bike, but I'd hate to lose all the variety in brands and designs that we have to chose from...because someone made a rule. I like machines and the differences inherent in each of them.
    your braino is fried...too much cheap booze

TNC
    noMAD man

Brian, no flies on that!

Congratulations on that involvement. Hell, I'd be proud for one of those teams to use one of our water bottles...much less an actual technical item. Good for you.