mtbr member

Tag Wheels FRX5?

Hey for some reason I got a email about these wheels offering a special price on them.. Just wondering if anybody here has them? How are they? I did a search couldnt really find anything.. I remember seeing these wheels before somewhere maybe I just couldnt find the post.. But what do you guys think of these, I know they are heavy at 8lb for the set but on a all out DH bike to just trash them for Drops, big rock gardens etc etc I wonder how they would be.. I am 235lb and building a new Blindside I almost think they would look cool on it for some crazy reason and they can take a beating and I wouldnt have to worry about them, I guess it brings me back to when I got my first Dyno with white Mags, that bike was the Sh*T....

Mountain Biker
    Tag are heavy and ugly. Don't get em. Their a $1000 right? I wouldn't even use em if I got them for free.

Find Something else.
    Be at the Rio on June 12th at 7:00pm!

Premier of Sonar!

squish is good
    For a super clyde they might be good. I think they look cool but are seriously overweight for anything that involves going fast. I'd only consider them for doing the biggest most insanely scary freeriding stunts, nothing more.

BTW, at 235 their still heavy for a guy like you, their is stuff that is lighter that will hold up.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If they really are indestructable and I can forget about working on them I want a set.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    You need to stop reading stuff on the internet and ride your bike!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattP.
    You need to stop reading stuff on the internet and ride your bike!!!!!

I am riding the Preston bro,, I am still waiting on the wheels for my Blindside...... Hey they emailed me I was just curious if anybody had them..I just got wheels...

Glad to Be Alive
    man heavy heavy........ride what you got.....you sound like you have

G.A.S.

Gear aguisition syndrome
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Grand Poobah
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutchman83
    BTW, at 235 their still heavy for a guy like you, their is stuff that is lighter that will hold up.
    Wow, it is amazing that you can use the wrong word twice in the same sentence...

their ≠ there ≠ they're

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    stiffest wheels i have ever riddden. ever. super durable. dt swiss hubs are major quality. Now, about the weight...think the heaviest wheels you have ever ridden, and then add a mack truck. I shipped a set of tags yesterday. no cassette, no tires, just 2 wheels, and the cardboard box/packaging. 16.55 pounds. that is not a typo.

If I were building a bike that was going to see none stop shuttle runs/dh runs, and didn't care about the weight, i'd get another set.