mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Syntace Superforce Stem- really strong enough for DH/FR?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a strong and light stem for DH with some freeride use (nothing bigger than 8' to tranny) and came across the Syntace Superforce. Is this thing really strong enough for dh? I like that it's forged (stronger than CNC) but the welded plate seems like fracture waiting to happen.

I gather that Syntace really does test their product more thouroghly than the guy down the street with a CNC machine and blocks of aluminum, but wanted to know if anyone has actually broken one with normal use.

People will probably suggest the Thomson X4, but I've already cracked one of those (on my XC trailbike). I don't really trust it anymore.

Any thoughts?

mtbr member

This guy? you try it and let us know

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have heard mixed reviews on that stem...

Get a po1nt... Lighter AND stiffer
    www.pointoneracing.com

Meh.
    I've been running that stem on my street rig. Not smooth on it at all... It's holding up fine. It's plenty stiff and pretty light (almost as light as the po1nt). Just be sure to use a torque wrench.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I had a syntace it was pretty nice. I think it dosen't look bad or cool I bought it for the weight savings however I recently sold it on ebay on and got a Point One Stem.
    www.pointoneracing.com
    It's lighter and I think it looks sick but the syntace superforce is still a nice stem.

Bottlerockin'
    Yeah my friend has been thrashing on one for many months now. It's holding up great!