mtbr member

Switching from Demo to Glory

Thinking of switching to a 2013 Glory (Note: updated geometry) from my 2008 Demo...I love this bike, but I can get a very sweet deal on a brand new '13 Glory, way cheaper than a 2013 Demo 8 1 or 2.

Has anyone done the same thing or have ridden the two bikes extensively?

Can anyone share some riding reviews. No bike bias please. Like I said I love my demo, but I'm also open minded for a change.
    Folangag

mtbr member
    To add: My demo is the 7. I've ridden my buddies 2010 (updated geo before the redesign), and the 2013 demo. The 8's are more ground hugging, easier to lean on berms, probably more stable on steeps. Other than that most of the riding characteristics are similar.
    Folangag

RideDirt
    I think it would be a positive change if your coming from a demo 7 .. I have no experience w both of those so im not biased at all haha .. if you can get a sick deal why not ? I mean all the new bikes are all good so I think it would be a win win situation for you.

perpetual pucker factor
    To me, the demo always felt very dead in the rear end. The glory feels a mot more lively and light. Now that the glory has a slacker head angle, it will be a bit more calm when going fast. I say glory all the way.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    To me, the demo always felt very dead in the rear end. The glory feels a mot more lively and light. Now that the glory has a slacker head angle, it will be a bit more calm when going fast. I say glory all the way.
    I came from a Quake before I had the Demo. I have to be honest it took me a while getting used to it. I agree about the "dead feeling" of the demo, probably one of the reasons it to took me a while to get used to it hitting the jumps. You can't really feel the rear tracking. But, when I got used to it, it's like I had the confidence to hit bigger things before that.

If the Glory would be more lively on the jumps that's a plus for me, I love my jumps! Speed comes second or depends what season it is. We only have rain and dry, dry is jumping or FR season, rainy/typhoon is trail/DH season. My cardio is also shet, so a better pedaling bike would be another plus factor, demo feels sluggish factor in the crap fitness (non bias opinion )...If only I can keep two bikes, that would be truly bad azz!

Please keep good opinionated thoughts or real world comparison coming.
    Folangag

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    I think it would be a positive change if your coming from a demo 7 .. I have no experience w both of those so im not biased at all haha .. if you can get a sick deal why not ? I mean all the new bikes are all good so I think it would be a win win situation for you.
    some dismiss the 7 a lesser bike, but to me it's just a heavier version of the 8. I'm pretty comfortable riding both. no offense, but newer is not better, need to hear some real world riding comparison.
    Folangag