kona-tize me captain

Sunline V1OS Riser Handlebar vs Answer ProTaper 780 DH Bar

hey everyone just stuck between these two bars and want to know which one is going to be better for me. Right now im riding a 640mm truativ handlebar with a 45mm rise i believe. I ride pretty much everything and want to know which bar the Sunline v1 or the Answer Pro Tape will i enjoy more? also of the two which one is stiffer?

the sunline bar is 745mm with a 38mm rise and the Answer pro taper is 780 mm with a 1inch rise. both are same price as well!!!
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Come at me bro.
    you use a 640mm bar w/ almost a 2" rise for dh?

is this for a dh bike? are you comfortable w/ that narrow/tall of a bar?

id suggest the answer bar. 8*/4* spec'd. its wide, so you can cut down until it's a comfortable width, and a 1" rise is my preference for my bar.

kona-tize me captain
    well i consider it more of a slopestyle/trail bike im riding a medium size specialized big spec that i inherited for free from a buddy. i put a 2006 dirt jumper 2 on it, and a fox dhx air shock in the rear. its got wtb descents( terribly heavy) and other various upgrades on it. im planning on redoing the whole drivetrain to sram x7 once i put some more time on the current.

As for now though yes it has some stock small truativ bars on it and i really feel like the bars hurt my back with having to keep my hands so close all the time. im just worried about the rise not being enough or will i even notice the difference?

Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    I feel inclined to recommend chromag fubar osx bars. The 2012 model is 780mm wide. I love mine

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I've had both the Sunline and Answer and prefer the Answer.

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelrevolution View Post
    I've had both the Sunline and Answer and prefer the Answer.
    why one over the other?

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Answer for me. I rode the sunlines for years and just always had issues with the feel. Tried the answer bars because of their 8*4* bend/sweep vs the Sunlines 9*5*. Made a huge difference to me. Felt more natural.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I rode the sunlines for years and just always had issues with the feel.
    Same.

Deity black label= comfy rise & sweep

kona-tize me captain
    placed the order for my answer bars this afternoon! cant wait for them to get here. does anyone know where i can can order some new colored cable housings??