mtbr member

suggestion for dirt jump lid

I've been looking for a helmet I can just throw on and go (lighter than my full-face, better coverage than my XC lid). I have a really big head. My Vigor Vamoose XL fits well, as does my Specialized L/XL XC helmet. I just got a Pryme 8 L/XL and the size is good, in that it goes around my head, but it's not very deep - it sits right on top of my head. Are there other brands of dirt jump helmets that have a deeper inside?
    Ninjas are awesome

Glad to Be Alive
    stay with the full face....don't worry about be hot...just poor cool water on head
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    you could try going for a cheap one from walmart and the such. i mean, a helmets a helmet right? i know theres some certification but they all have to have those so its like they're all the same? just guessing....

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thebikedoctor33
    you could try going for a cheap one from walmart and the such. i mean, a helmets a helmet right? i know theres some certification but they all have to have those so its like they're all the same? just guessing....
    any helmet is better than no helmet. But i know damn sure id rather smack my melon into the ground off a 20 ft double wearing my ff giro mad max instead of a protec full face. not all helmets meet the same criteria, and not all are built the same. id say go with the mad max but sounds like you got a big dome

soviet pride
    i say just cruise over to your local sporting goods store or LBS and see what they have and try them on to see what u like best
    im all about midget drops

Rain sucks
    Jan 2004
    The answer is...Giro Semi (not MX).

I have a kinda big head too...none of the DJ or skate style helmets fit too well. The Semi in the largest size fits great.

The Semi MX is the same thing but with a dumb looking visor on it.

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber
    The answer is...Giro Semi (not MX).

I have a kinda big head too...none of the DJ or skate style helmets fit too well. The Semi in the largest size fits great.

The Semi MX is the same thing but with a dumb looking visor on it.
    \/\/3r|) |)4\/\/G!!!!

thats wut id go for
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

[size=4]DREAM THEATER[/size]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drop360
    I've been looking for a helmet I can just throw on and go (lighter than my full-face, better coverage than my XC lid). I have a really big head. My Vigor Vamoose XL fits well, as does my Specialized L/XL XC helmet. I just got a Pryme 8 L/XL and the size is good, in that it goes around my head, but it's not very deep - it sits right on top of my head. Are there other brands of dirt jump helmets that have a deeper inside?
    I like the 661 Mullet - but I don't have a huge mellon - so I don't know if it would fit you all that well - it comes down further on the side and back than some skate lids - but, when I stacked HARD on a big a** jump a few months ago, it didn't protect my face from scraping down the catch - so now I jump in my full face and just deal with the heat...teeth, jaw, nose and eyes are all things I want to keep intact...