I HUCK WITH CHUCK

sugar mtn NC dh race shots

Here's some shots from my weak photography effort at sugar. I shot 4 shots in DH practice thursday before it started pouring. Then I gnar'd my collarbone in practice on friday afternoon. My one-armed shooting efforts after drinking all day saturday proved to be weak.

Some pics.

Herndon in DH practice.

Gerritt in DH practice.

This is where I terminated my shoulder.

These are taken one-armed after drinking all day on the sidelines so don't hate.

sorry i didn't get to meet more out of towners at my local hill but my weekend really didn't go as planned after i got hurt. good news is i actually went to the hospital this morning and its just a broken clavicle...no shoulderblade or rib injury like i kind of expected. excuse my lack of grammar one hand typing sucks

ride hard take risks
    Sweet pic's even busted up & all

Take your time to heal strong bro
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Glad to Be Alive
    get well quick....picures are better then I can take
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Awesome pics! I woulda gone but I had to work

Does Sugar have really good DH biking? I was thinking about going over there because I am unsure of what is good for DH here in NC. I've just been going to Snowshoe a lot, but that's 6-7 hrs away.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I was there to see the pro downhill race. Those guys fly through the rock garden. There no way i would do that $h!+. I think i might be going there to ride this summer but i will skip the big rock garden

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'll add a couple of my own shots in. Mainly just amateur slalom and pro downhill plus one of me in my suuper d race.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Here are just a few more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    That looks like a pretty fun course, wish I didnt miss out on it this year....

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Awesome shots from both of you guys. That 1st shot of the rock face still doesn't show how steep it feels the 1st time you roll up on it to drop in, the 2nd is better. Sugar is very unforgiving due to almost all of the regular trail is rocks. Very intense riding, one f-up and you can be done for the day or the next month'er two. Much like the Thoughtful one is I imagine. Healin' vibagge comin' at ya Holmes. Be glad the bone is broken and not seperated. Seperations if bad, never heal good & return to 100% normal. Better to break it, then the bone heals back stronger w/no loss of ability 99% of th' time. Both of my shoulders have been seperated, the left one twice, and they both grind & pop w/every movement of my arm/shoulder.
    Last edited by man w/ one hand; 07-30-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

yeah, uh............bikes
    what's the deal with mtbing at Sugar mountain. I just checked their website but couldnt' find many details. Can you put bikes on the lifts? Is it worth it to stop their on a NC/GA/TN mtbing tour/vacation??

appreciate any info..

mtbr member
    Nice shots. That looks pretty dry, I was up there wednesday and it was really sloppy, so I decided not to race. Wish I would have gone now though.

Mtb at sugar is pretty fun, they do have lift access, but IMO snowshoe mountain is way better.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.

mtbr member
    SIck pics.. Looks really good!!
    [SIZE="4"]Life is Short, Ride Hard.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Great pics. That rock line looks sick at speed.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish
    what's the deal with mtbing at Sugar mountain. I just checked their website but couldnt' find many details. Can you put bikes on the lifts? Is it worth it to stop their on a NC/GA/TN mtbing tour/vacation??

appreciate any info..
    Yes they load bikes on the back of lifts on a hook. Every other chair, alternates w/peeps.
    IMO I think there are better trails in NC to hit that doesn't require riding a lift for 20-30 mins. for a 5-10 min ride down. I like the trail, but there are a lot more trails out there that last a lot longer & you'll have as much or more fun. To answer your next question, anything in Wilsons Creek or up hi-way 181, but you will need a guide.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    yeah i rod the dual and the DH
    that rock was slick as hell and i was on a hardtail
    it was a killer course!

E86
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice shots everyone. Does anybody have results? I went to the Norba site, but it is very confusing trying to find results. Wanted to know how the Morewood boys and gals did? Thanks in advance for any help.

-> SickLines.com <-
    Cole Bangart - 1st, Geritt got a flat along with a lot of others (Strobel, Rando)

http://www.skisugar.com/showdown/results.phtml?race=16

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by E86
    Nice shots everyone. Does anybody have results? I went to the Norba site, but it is very confusing trying to find results. Wanted to know how the Morewood boys and gals did? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Bangert
    Cavaleir
    Neethling

Cole is on it! Its also good to see Jonty up on the podium as well... A good couple weeks for Morewood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i think chris H. podiumed in dual
    not sure about DH