respect the wildlife

Store Needed: Easton Flatboy Pins

Any Easton Flatboy users out there know a good web site to get a pin replacement kit? I misplaced the spares that came with the pedals, and the replacement kit seems strangely hard to track down. The only U.S. store that came up on a Google search is www.webersports.com - I dunno, the site looks like of "generic" and I'm skeptical about giving my credit card number to a place I've never heard of.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

AW_
    locked - time out
    I don't have those pedals, but they look like they use standard metric set screws like most other platform pedals do. Some of the screws go in from the back and have a head on them (Kona wah wah for example) but these look like a basic set screw.

Try your local hardware store. Ace Hardware if you have one. That is where I buy replacement pedal pins. They usually have both regular and stainless. I use a little locktite. Also when the pins get bashed out and the threads are damaged, I will drill a new hold nearby and cut some threads with a tap.

But anyways look at a hardware store....

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I get mine from Home Depot. They are #4 threads and 8mm length, I think. They are in the metric set screw tray. Just pull one of the pins out and bring it with you. Just make sure you get the metric ones.

Boyeeee
    I got a bag of 100 m4 10mm screws from McMaster.com for $6 or so last week for use on some Azonic Pookys.

Go to "Set Screws". Look for M4 in 8 or 10mm. The point type doesn't matter so get what's cheapest (cup).

respect the wildlife
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBlur
    I got a bag of 100 m4 10mm screws from McMaster.com for $6 or so last week for use on some Azonic Pookys.

Go to "Set Screws". Look for M4 in 8 or 10mm. The point type doesn't matter so get what's cheapest (cup).
    Quick followup - took me a few weeks to get around to it, but I got some set screws today. Home Depot did not have them, Ace did, but they were quite expensive - 75 cents each! BcBlur has the right idea - I checked and McMaster sells the exact same screw in bags of 100 for 5 bucks. Ouch. The size for the Eastons is M4, 0.7mm pitch. 8mm is the standard length that came with them, and I stayed with that.

Thanks everyone for the help, my pedals are once again hole-less.