mtbr member
    May 2007

Upset Stolen Demo 8 Pro

I wanted to make the community aware of my stolen downhill bike. The bike was stolen from the back of my maroon Ford pickup at the Firestone Walker Classic in the Santa Ynez Valley of CA (near Buellton, CA). The bike was taken on Saturday, sometime between noon and 4:00 PM from the racer parking area.

The bike is a 2005 Specialized Demo 8 Pro. It's a medium frame painted in the stock silver color. Almost everything on the bike is stock with the exception of a Fox DHX5 rear shock and a brand new Gamut chain guide. The bike has been raced for a year, so it shows a little wear, but is in overall good shape. Had a set of Specialized Chunder tires on the front and rear.

There's a small red-dish tie wrap on the bars from a past race, but otherwise no other super distinguishing items.

I will provide a cash reward for information leading to the recovery of the bike.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Steve C.
    caronsd@gmail.com

clyde in training
    that sucks. good luck finding it....and killing the person who stole it.

mtbr member

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by scaron
    I wanted to make the community aware of my stolen downhill bike. The bike was stolen from the back of my maroon Ford pickup at the Firestone Walker Classic in the Santa Ynez Valley of CA (near Buellton, CA). The bike was taken on Saturday, sometime between noon and 4:00 PM from the racer parking area.

The bike is a 2005 Specialized Demo 8 Pro. It's a medium frame painted in the stock silver color. Almost everything on the bike is stock with the exception of a Fox DHX5 rear shock and a brand new Gamut chain guide. The bike has been raced for a year, so it shows a little wear, but is in overall good shape. Had a set of Specialized Chunder tires on the front and rear.

There's a small red-dish tie wrap on the bars from a past race, but otherwise no other super distinguishing items.

I will provide a cash reward for information leading to the recovery of the bike.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Steve C.
    caronsd@gmail.com
    I'm sorry to hear that..
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]http://bike-improve.com/[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"Its All Good"
    Sorry to here that, and your first post on MTBR is sad that it is to report your stolen steed... Do hope you introduce the peeps whom stole to a world of pain and get someone to get medievil on the butts....

Best of luck
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

go huck yourself
    pics might help
    Dirt jumps come and go, but dirt junkies will dig forever.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jimage
    pics might help

true dat....post some pics......watch craigslist and ebay

sorry to here
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2007

Pics of Bike

I looked for pics of the bike, but I don't have any close-ups. Being it's basically stock, I'll post the Specialized factory pic here...

I'm watching eBay, Craigslist, Pinkbike, and mtbr (of course). If anyone happens into a bike shop, give a quick look at any used bikes sitting around..

Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lay off the Levers
    How about serial numbers?
    A mostly stock bike will be tough to separate from the others.
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yah post the serial number online thats a good idea.....?

or not.

edit: nvm you're from san ynez. on the plus side if it goes up on craigslist in SB you'll be able to spot it easily.

LA, SF, and Sac seem likely places to try and sell it if they try and use CL, and ebay is easy to check

keystone addict
    Oh man, dude. Sooooo sorry to hear about that.

If i ever got ahold of someone who tried to steal my bike, i would seriously go ape-sh!t on him until he was reduced to his elementary particles.

good luck, for sure. I'll keep my eyes open around here in Denver in case it somehow gets over here. Shouldn't be too many of those old demo 8's around any more, let alone with a new gamut.

but, if you ever find the b@stard, feel free to come bury him on my land after you show him some love. I need some filler for my new tabletop....

Any distinguishable scratches that would help identify it?
    [SIZE="4"]I kinda wish my brakes actually worked, but I guess that just makes me faster, right?[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2007
    No specific scratches on the bike other that some on the bars where the tie-downs from my truck would rub. (I guess that means it wasn't ridden hard enough )

I'm keepin' an eye on eBay, Craigslist, and of course mtbr. Hopefully the guy's an idiot (well, he is, simply because he stole my bike) and shows up at the Fontana race this weekend. I bet we could stuff a few limbs under some of those rocks on the expert course and no one would be the wiser!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That sucks man. Was it locked up? I always lock my bike at the races for a thief its like shooting ducks in a barrel tons of expensive bikes just laying around and in truck beds with no locks, its insane! its a wonder we don't hear stories like this more often.

yaha ha

My arm hurts a little
    Man that's lame....I was parked right behind you at the race. I saw your Dad wondering around asking about a bike. I asked him what's up and he gave me the skinny. That really sucks. I really can't remember ever seeing a bike in your truck thou. I bet it got snagged right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    yah post the serial number online thats a good idea.....?

or not.

edit: nvm you're from san ynez. on the plus side if it goes up on craigslist in SB you'll be able to spot it easily.

LA, SF, and Sac seem likely places to try and sell it if they try and use CL, and ebay is easy to check
    Why not post the #'s. What can I do with someone's serial #??? If I actually do see the bike how am I going to know it's his without some ref. #'s.

I mean those bike are pretty comon. I saw another one 10mins after I talked to his dad but it had a Mantwo fork on it & a e-13. That bike will be parted out and switched up, the only way to tell will be #'s.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life