liv 2 ride, ride 2 live
    Jul 2006

Stinky Primo '07 vs Demo 7 1 vs stab delux

What bikes do you think would be better for down hill. im confused there all so good. The only thing i am concerned about is that the demo 7 has a single crown and all the other konas are sick 888v tripleclamps. What do you guys think i should get?

yaha ha
    i say buy used because if you have $4000+ to spend on a bike.. then your options would more than quadruple(dont know the words for more than that) in and defiantly below your price range

No Fear!
    The stab delux will be better for DH-Racing,its a pure DH bike,it would be the best one out of the 3,but get ready for all the big S lovers on this forum,they will all shout Demo

liv 2 ride, ride 2 live
    Jul 2006

Wink true true i agree

Quote Originally Posted by snowforner15
    i say buy used because if you have $4000+ to spend on a bike.. then your options would more than quadruple(dont know the words for more than that) in and defiantly below your price range
    perfect idea

mtbr member
    Definetly the Stab delux is the bike to get, like Imperial said its a pure DH bike..........

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yep the Stab is a pure DH bike, although I've seen smaller racers racing the Totem last summer. Maybe not as stiff as a 888 would be, but easier to throw around .If you are light you shouldn’t get to much flex…

I would definitely consider the Demo in that case, you just get a better frame IMO and you could always swap the fork later...(I doubt you'd feel the need to replace the Totem its a sweet fork )

Like snowforner15 said , if you have 4000$ to spend there's a lot of options out there...even better than the Stab for racing.They maybe cheap and have the right geometry but I’d rather buy a used bike than a brand new Kona for the same $$$

No Fear!
    no offense but i think you talk BS,please go back to where you came from

Quote Originally Posted by tuumbaq
    Yep the Stab is a pure DH bike, although I've seen smaller racers racing the Totem last summer. Maybe not as stiff as a 888 would be, but easier to throw around .If you are light you shouldn’t get to much flex…

I would definitely consider the Demo in that case, you just get a better frame IMO and you could always swap the fork later...(I doubt you'd feel the need to replace the Totem its a sweet fork )

Like snowforner15 said , if you have 4000$ to spend there's a lot of options out there...even better than the Stab for racing.They maybe cheap and have the right geometry but I’d rather buy a used bike than a brand new Kona for the same $$$

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial
    no offense but i think you talk BS,please go back to where you came from

Well I’m offended, for your info I’m from Squamish about 25 south of WHISTLER...you may have heard of this town. The racers I was referring to are Tyler Morland and pretty much the whole Cove bike team up here .They use their Totem over the boxxer on specific courses.(including the bike park ).I recall Kris Kovarick using a single crown as well ,last summer on a few courses.One of the best all time racer Nico Vouilloz was racing a 6” travel bike…Perhaps the Demo 7 wasn’t designed for racing but I’m pretty sure it would be ok…

I had the chance to try the Totem last summer and I loved it…a bit more flexy than my Fox 40 but O so raceable…You can live in your hole and think that triple clamps are the only way to go, or accept the fact that technology is evolving…not like the Kona design. I don’t think the guy is a world cup racer where every fraction of a second counts but a guy who wants to have fun on his bike…I personally don’t like the Kona’s and love the Demos. I’m trying to help the guy in his decision with the best of my knowledge. I may be totally wrong…along with those guys I've listed .

Now how are you Mister I know everything? Where are you from?