mtbr member

Stan's w/ WTB LaserDisc DH's???

Anyone try Stan's with WTB LaserDisc DH's? Sounds like a GREAT way to drop some weight by losing the tubes (I'm running triple thick Intense DH tubes that weigh a TON in the rear) but I'm not about to go out and buy an air compressor just for that and also the mess (I've read about) every 2-4 months has me wondering if it would be worth it? Comments please. I use Nevegal 2.5 DH's on my M3.

Also considering Stan's Flow wheels for my Blur LT all mtn machine. Would I need to run Stan's sealant with those too or not? Are they good wheels? I like the width, low profile and low weight but heard they use less tension and can be more prone to truing issues?

TIA,

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

fight the system

Stans rim

Answering some of your question:
    To run a regular tire on stans rims with sealant you could go to a gas station to mount the tire but if you have to change the tires without a compressor you can cut a rubber strip from the top of a bmx tire or the inside of a 24" tire and place it inside the stans rim (poke a hole above the valve). When the tire bead hits the rubber on the strip it becomes possible to pump it up with a regular hand pump. Its a 50g penalty but worth it if you need to change tread in a hurry.
    If you believe that I've got some magic beans to sell ya.

N* Bomber Crew
    I run WTB Dual Duty Rims, and while not the same model as yours, I am super sketchy about running tubeless with ANY WTB Rims. We tried 3 times and did everything we could to try and make my bike go tubeless but no luck.

Do your research before you spend money on Stans.
    [size=3]Northstar 2008 Riding Crew[/size]