mtbr member

Specific requirements for a new frame- HELP!

I am currently riding a Sette Venom 7" ride right now and I am looking to upgrade. I was deadset on a Transition Blindside but I saw it requires a Shimano Direct Mount front derailleur. I have a SRAM top/bottom pull X7 now and want to swap it to the next frame. Need something that will accept that and has 135 X 10mm rear, 73mm bottom bracket and full length seat tube for riding up hill. 7 to 8" rear travel preferred. I love the idea of the Blindside, but the front derailleur issue is holding me back. Is there another out there or do I just bite the bullet and change out my drivetain?
    Thanks to you all!

mtbr member
    from wat i can tell on there site it doesnt actually need that crank and that wouldnt really make sense to only be able to fit that certain crank im sure it can fit most cranks with iscg and the proper bb size.... and my race team has a sponsor from transition and the one kid had one with a different crank on it dont remember wat it was tho
    keep the rubber side down!!

mtbr member
    I appreciate the reply, but I'm not too concerned about the crank since its standard 73mm bottom bracket. My issue is with the front derailleur being Direct Mount and if there are any other frames that I'm not thinking of. I currently have a SRAM X7 at the moment.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    What year blindside? if the reason you don't want direct mount is because of the cost id say pony up. Do you know what your looking for in head angle and BB height?

bike rider
    From that description, how about a SC Bullit?
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    not being able to transfer your fd sounds like the worst reason to not get a great frame..IMO

you can get a direct mount fd for less than $40

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler243 View Post
    not being able to transfer your fd sounds like the worst reason to not get a great frame..IMO

you can get a direct mount fd for less than $40
    This.

A FD, even an X0, will cost you well under $100.

You're thinking of dropping close to $2K on a frameset, yet you won't pony up the incidental costs? Hell, a full recabling of your derailleur cables will cost as much as a FD.
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail

mtbr member
    Its not just a front derailleur, I'd also have to buy a shifter since I am currently running SRAM. If I'm gonna do that, I may as well change the rear to Shimano as well. Not the most expensive thing to do, but the frame is at the top of my budget. Another $200-$300 is a tough sell to the wife. I found out that it will accept my current drivetrain, so its no worries anymore. Thanks for the input everyone!

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    Erm, unless you're running XX, SRAM and Shimano front derailleurs' cable pull ratio are the same. Aka you can use your X7/X9 front shifter with a Shimano front derailleur just fine.

In fact that's what I run: X9 shifters, X9 rear derailleur, XT front derailleur - on my carbon HT.
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail

mtbr member
    I thought SRAM was 1:1 and Shimano 2:1. If I'm wrong, great!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    Its not just a front derailleur, I'd also have to buy a shifter since I am currently running SRAM. If I'm gonna do that, I may as well change the rear to Shimano as well. Not the most expensive thing to do, but the frame is at the top of my budget. Another $200-$300 is a tough sell to the wife. I found out that it will accept my current drivetrain, so its no worries anymore. Thanks for the input everyone!
    You can use a sram front shifter with a shimano FRONT derailleur. Im running an x9 on my delirium with a shimano xt e type deraileur. Get the frame you want and don't let that deraileur boss you around.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    I thought SRAM was 1:1 and Shimano 2:1. If I'm wrong, great!
    Thats only the rd. Fd is cross compatable

Oh and sram now has some direct mount fds if i recall correctly