mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Specialized BigHit or Giant Faith 2?

Hi. I'm trying to decide between these two bikes which one i should get. I don't have the money to buy a really good one but either of the bikes would be better than my current one. So which one is better? Specialized BigHit or Giant Faith 2?

Specialized Big Hit Large DH
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/2838772890.html

Moose Member
    do not get that big hit! my friend has one, its like 45lbs and has 5 inches of travel. Its bomb-proof, but definitely not worth it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

bikes for sale

not sure if you pulled the trigger on either of those, but i have one for sale, and i'm in the sac/auburn cool area. let me know if you might be interested.

it's an 04 stinky size 15, outlaws, juicy3's e13 singlering/bash 55rtst/ pretty good condition.

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HILL_BILLY View Post
    not sure if you pulled the trigger on either of those, but i have one for sale, and i'm in the sac/auburn cool area. let me know if you might be interested.

it's an 04 stinky size 15, outlaws, juicy3's e13 singlering/bash 55rtst/ pretty good condition.
    If i were OP I'd go with something like this over that Bighit any day.

looks like the faith sold, or i'd highly recommend it. I love my dads faith.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

nope didn't buy any of them yet. still waiting for more pictures of the faith.

size 15 will unfortunately be too small for me. i'm 5'11". thanks for the offer tho.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
    If i were OP I'd go with something like this over that Bighit any day.

looks like the faith sold, or i'd highly recommend it. I love my dads faith.
    ok cool. i'll shoot on the faith then.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    this is what the guy had for the Faith if you couldn't see his ad.

Giant Faith 2 Downhill Racing Bike. Perfect Condition! - $625 (Sacramento)

I'm selling my well taken care of Giant Faith 2 Downhill Racing and Freeride Bike. Bought this bike a few years ago and have also kept it in perfect condition. I just don't have the time to take it up to the mountains anymore.

This is what is has on it:

Manitou Swinger 4 way coil rear shock with 8" of travel
    Marzocchi Bomber triple clamp front fork with 8.5" of travel
    Avid Code 5 hydraulic brakes (6" rotor in back, 8" rotor in front)
    E-Thirteen Chain Guide
    SRAM 5X Rear derailleur
    Race Face crank set
    Lizard Skin Clamp on Grips
    Alexrims along with new front and rear derailleur

http://images.craigslist.org/5I15Kc5...1a847b1274.jpg

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungBikeDude View Post
    this is what the guy had for the Faith if you couldn't see his ad.
    Looks decent, but the guys credibility seems poor.

"Marzocchi Bomber triple clamp front fork with 8.5" of travel"
    Really? I've never heard of an 8.5" travel bomber.

just go check it out and check for dents and the usual. I've abused my dads faith and it keeps coming back for more. Its hellza effin heavy, but its a DH/FR bike so what should you expect?

Note* The fork is probably 7" travel, maybe 8". either way my dads has an old 04 888 on it (7") and it still feels amazing. Just don't be disappointed if it isn't 8.5"...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yeah you'd probably need a medium-16/17 then.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Looks decent, but the guys credibility seems poor.

"Marzocchi Bomber triple clamp front fork with 8.5" of travel"
    Really? I've never heard of an 8.5" travel bomber.
    yeah i questioned that too.

just go check it out and check for dents and the usual. I've abused my dads faith and it keeps coming back for more. Its hellza effin heavy, but its a DH/FR bike so what should you expect?
    yea if he replies by friday then i can go check it out as i will be up that way friday.

Note* The fork is probably 7" travel, maybe 8". either way my dads has an old 04 888 on it (7") and it still feels amazing. Just don't be disappointed if it isn't 8.5"...
    yea .5" isnt that big a difference for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Yeah you'd probably need a medium-16/17 then.
    medium or large. something over 17 though because i have a 17 and it's "ok"... but yea.

Moose Member
    as far as size goes, The faiths are kinda weird. MY DH bike is 17" and i love it (I'm 6'-6'1), My dads faith is a 20" frame, and i have no problem adjusting to it. just sit on it, check your knees, i'm sure you'll be fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    as far as size goes, The faiths are kinda weird. MY DH bike is 17" and i love it (I'm 6'-6'1), My dads faith is a 20" frame, and i have no problem adjusting to it. just sit on it, check your knees, i'm sure you'll be fine.
    that's interesting to know. i've never really tried/sat on alot of different bikes so i wouldn't know but i normally do sit on it to make sure its comfortable and would work.

the guy never replied to my email so i dont know whats happening but it looks like i won't be getting it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have a 2011 faith1. I love it I use it for everything, trail ride to dh races. Right now it sits at 40 lbs and can be much lighter.