Over 50, & not '2' tired

... and if we just ... "Sky Blast!" AERIAL MUni FPV!

My first ever Aerial MUni Video. I have no doubt that this will be a total game changer in the filming of cycling videos, since this technology will soon be available to anyone, especially the "autonomous" drones like the Hexo and Airdog, which do everything automatically, without the need for a pilot.

Soon after starting I got a bad sprain doing a drop off a big boulder, (Clip included at the end) but I had to continue since Patrick (quadcopter pilot) felt he could never make this hike again, so almost ALL of the riding you see was with a sprained ankle!

Shot 7/19/14 in Simi Valley, "Hummingbird" trail is rocky, steep and very technical, and the aerial footage really captures it! Filmed with his DJI Phantom quadcopter with Gopro Hero 3 black edition, Patrick managed to get some amazingly CLOSE follow shots, at my request, flying only a few feet from me! That was a bit unnerving, but a testament to his awesome flying skills!

We had the trail mostly to ourselves thanks to an early start, so we wouldn't have to fly anywhere near hikers or bikers. Hope you enjoy!

www.unigeezer.com
    "Over 50, and not '2' Tired!"

Glad to Be Alive
    I admire the talent, but I stopped watching video as soon as you cut the switchbacks...

you and everyone else have ruined a trail that was made to ride switches....but people can't develop skills and go strait down...and all the other cuts people do...all leads to park district?SMMC wanting to shut down the whole mountain from Rocky Peak to Chumash.

this trail is in my back yard and it $ucks how many people don't ride the trail but ride their own lines jeopordizing it for everyone...a sad sad day
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    You seem to be missing a wheel bro.....unless you're training for the circus....

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    I admire the talent, but I stopped watching video as soon as you cut the switchbacks...

you and everyone else have ruined a trail that was made to ride switches....but people can't develop skills and go strait down...and all the other cuts people do...all leads to park district?SMMC wanting to shut down the whole mountain from Rocky Peak to Chumash.

this trail is in my back yard and it $ucks how many people don't ride the trail but ride their own lines jeopordizing it for everyone...a sad sad day
    I didn't ride ANY illegal or blocked off parts of the trail! I also asked the camera guy with me, when he was about to take a "shortcut" off the man trail, not to do so. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by highrevkev View Post
    You seem to be missing a wheel bro.....unless you're training for the circus....
    Nope, I don't "miss it" as all! Seriously, real athletes don't need the "training" wheel!
    Last edited by unigeezer; 07-28-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    www.unigeezer.com

mtbr member
    Athlete, for sure!

I always thought about buying a uni to develop my balancing skills and hoping that knowing how to ride a uni will lead me to learn how to manual.

Very impressed with the video, sir. Just curious... did your friend have a motorized gimbal and did he fly his drone through FPV? I just got one but it does not have FPV capabilities. Very choppy video too.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by ron m. View Post
    Athlete, for sure!

I always thought about buying a uni to develop my balancing skills and hoping that knowing how to ride a uni will lead me to learn how to manual.

Very impressed with the video, sir. Just curious... did your friend have a motorized gimbal and did he fly his drone through FPV? I just got one but it does not have FPV capabilities. Very choppy video too.
    Thank Ron. Yeah he has a motorized gimbal - I think it's 3-axis - and he has a rather large monitor attached to his transmitter, instead of goggles. Seems to work very well for him. And yes, over the years I've seen dozens of avid MTBers get into unicycling, mostly to add variety to their routine. It definitely is a great way to cross train, and unlike a bike, there are no low gears and you can't coast, so you are pedaling constantly while also correcting for balance continually, especially when riding offroad.
    www.unigeezer.com

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by unigeezer View Post
    I didn't ride ANY illegal or blocked off parts of the trail! I also asked the camera guy with me, when he was about to take a "shortcut" off the man trail, not to do so. Just wanted to set the record straight.
    sorry that is a flat out lie.....at 2:05 you begin to go strait down instead of using switchbacks....that's the facts
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    sorry that is a flat out lie.....at 2:05 you begin to go strait down instead of using switchbacks....that's the facts
    I was simply following the trail. There was NO sign or anything blocked to indicate I was not on a designated part of the trail. So if that one section was not supposed to be ridden, there was certainly no indication of it anywhere. The point it that I did not *knowingly" or purposely ride any section supposedly off limits, which are supposed to be blocked with rocks, which this one was not.
    www.unigeezer.com

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by unigeezer View Post
    I was simply following the trail. There was NO sign or anything blocked to indicate I was not on a designated part of the trail. So if that one section was not supposed to be ridden, there was certainly no indication of it anywhere. The point it that I did not *knowingly" or purposely ride any section supposedly off limits, which are supposed to be blocked with rocks, which this one was not.
    nope...wrong answer....you have rode that trail for years...and now people are cutting the trail and making that line...you know the difference from experience...your reply back has no validity...shame on you for this reply......now what you going to do to help out cosing those sections you rode???

Pro Crastinator
    anyone who has been riding for more than a few days knows ALL direct lines in the vicinity of a switchback is cutting the trail, plain and simple...

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    I rode only on the main trail, period.
    www.unigeezer.com

Pro Crastinator
    except for the part where you went straight down the hill thru the section of 4 consecutive switchbacks...