No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

Single crown on a Morewood Izimu

Building up my first DH-ish bike to accompany my El Guapo for additional Arizona gnar-gnar.

I picked up a 2008 Morewood Izimu frame and am considering my fork options. I've never run a duel-crown fork and, honestly, don't follow the technology. I'm much more in tune with single-crown options currently on the market.

So, my question is has anyone used a long-travel single crown 180mm fork (ie Totem, 66, etc.) on an Izimu frame? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    yup one of my buddies has a totem on his Izimu. a dual crown will slack it out more and not let you barspin

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the input. I understand that the single-crown will slightly steepen the HA. Just wondering if it's noticeable and detrimental to the ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCRIGID
    yup one of my buddies has a totem on his Izimu. a dual crown will slack it out more and not let you barspin
    a boxxer has a lower axel to crown height than a totem so in this case, the single crown would slacken it out more...but you still won't be able to bar spin!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I dont think barspinning is an option either way going down south mountain : P

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Barspinning isn't an option at all for me anymore

Good knowledge on the A-C. The Totem was what I was really considering for this build. Other than the 20mm of additional travel, is there a significant reason I should be re-thinking the single-crown option? I'm not a racer, just looking for a fun, poppy rig to play with on South Mountain.

mtbr member
    Single crowns feel more lively... I am running the totem on the 77 and the 36 180 on hte jedi and LOVE the way it feels.... I will grab another dual for certain things but for almost all the single crowns kill it....
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

NOT Team Sanchez
    Hey Blatant, I just shot you a message on pinkbike about your fork for sale.....back to the topic. I ran a 66 on my '07 Izimu and though this could just be a matter of perception, I went faster with that fork than my 888, or so it seemed....I was just "on" or something, but I really, really enjoyed the 66 on there (Absolutely scorched Brian Head with this setup last summer). I wouldn't worry about an Izimu ever being too steep, mine was at like 64 degrees with the 66 on it, the 07's have the shock shuttle though, do the '08s as well?
    I like bikes.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yep, messaged you back. Think I've got a line on a Totem for this build.