dirt rules

Shock for Session 77?

My Manitou Swinger 4 way is feeling a bit clapped out. I am entertaining the possibility of replacing it.
    Does anyone have suggestions for a shock that will work well with this frame?

maker of trail
    If I still had the frame one of the options I was serisouly looking was to lighen it up with either the roco tstr or the wc air. Blue sky even has (had?) them for a reasonable price

dirt rules
    I rode a Norco Empire with a Roco on it, and it was pretty sweet.
    Only 5" of travel, but I never bottomed it out, even on stuff that bottoms out my session fairly easily.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Agreed,

You could also look for a swinger 6 way. The 4 way was ok but I've run the 6 way before and really like the ability to adjust high/low compression. That feels great on the session.

I run a roco on my trance and agree it's a beefy shock if you consider something like that for the session.

Otherwise, You could see ebay. had some stupid deals on new 4 ways for $89. I picked one up just to keep as a spare.

maker of trail
    I actually have a 4way kicking around from my broken frame...

After a lot of tweaking I didn't find it (4way) too bad actually.

Running minimum SPV pressure, and adjusting the bottom out volume to ramp up at the right time, and the rebound to taste, the bike was pretty plush and felt fairly bottomless on bigger hits, like you felt it ramp up but it wasn't harsh at all.

The reason I wanted a roco was for the weight savings