Glad to Be Alive
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Don't plan on switching from my 40 any time soon, and never owned a shiver, but this is awesome news regardless. SMT are you on ride monkey ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Loved my old Shiver, the new one looks and sounds promising but only time and real world situations will tell.

mtbr member
    This is a wicked piece of e-speculation, "...but I wouldn't be surprised to see Marzocchi take it to the next level with a one piece outer leg...". Does he mean a la Maverick?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    I posted about this on the upside down fork thread and think that it is great news. I think that research and development into new products is good despite whether some see it as being necessary or not as it fuels what we see in new products. I'm taking a composites class right now and was just thinking about the feasibility of carbon stanchions the other day for increased stiffness/reduced weight. Apparently I'm not alone...
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Cool model of the shock, I'm guessing from a 3D printer....they're an awesome design tool.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Moose Member
    my friend rides a shiver. If the new ones are a smooth as the old ones, I'm in!

mtbr member
    Aluminum coated carbon fiber tubes?? That's bada$$. Wonder how much those bad boys would cost..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoozeFahba View Post
    Aluminum coated carbon fiber tubes?? That's bada$$. Wonder how much those bad boys would cost..
    Indeed... A new set of Fox 40 tubes goes for around $300 and they are aluminum. Comparatively speaking, aluminum is cheap when talking about composites. No matter how you look at it, composites are very expensive for many reasons (material costs, design, lay-up, and 'wow' factor) so I would expect that if and when these are released they will not be cheap.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Oh man, I remember when the RAC came out. I wanted one so bad. I can't believe that was 11 years ago. Damn I'm getting old.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by csermonet View Post
    Don't plan on switching from my 40 any time soon, and never owned a shiver, but this is awesome news regardless. SMT are you on ride monkey ?
    yeah lurker mostly
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Finally stateside again
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr View Post
    Indeed... A new set of Fox 40 tubes goes for around $300 and they are aluminum. Comparatively speaking, aluminum is cheap when talking about composites. No matter how you look at it, composites are very expensive for many reasons (material costs, design, lay-up, and 'wow' factor) so I would expect that if and when these are released they will not be cheap.
    marzocchi stuff has always been expensive. when the shivers came out 10 years ago or whatever it was they cost 1200 bucks. this was when you could get a whole dh bike for that much. i think the jr.t back then was only like 500 or something. the shiver was always the top of the line model and i can see them doing that again. they already have 3 models of 888s out so why not put something out there that is better for more expensive. people will buy it and if it really is a game change it will be a have to item on high end race bikes. i am stoked for this. with all the rumors about marzocchi that have been flying around though the years when you see stuff like this its awesome. i love this company and its great to see them pushing the sport they used to dominate again

NOT Team Sanchez
    I've been on Marzocchi's 2011 66 Evo Ti and 55 Micro Ti, and also a 2010 4X for the last little while, and I've got to say that Marzocchi gear isn't just back, it is on top!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    shivers were(are?) freakin awesome.