mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Shin/Kneeguards with calf protection?

I'm currently wearing 661 4x4 guards, and I like em a lot, but as I'm starting to get more air over bigger rocks, I think I'm going to upgrade to hard shell guards. The Roach guards look really good, but they don't have anything to protect the calf, and I'm a bit concerned about it as I recently had to take a buddy to the emergency room for 14 stiches in the calf from his pedal. Anyone have any suggestions for a different protector or something to wear under the Roaches to protect the flesh?

thanks

Glad to Be Alive
    your buddy has the Freeride pads...get the DH pads that come with a mesh backing

yep Raceface/roach are excellent pads
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Ya I have the DH pads and they stay on real well.
    Just ride.....

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    if you feel the need for an entire knee to ankle leg guard then Dainese or Roach/Raceface are the best to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman
    Ya I have the DH pads and they stay on real well.
    yueah and they have saved me many times....i was thinking to changing to the 661 pivot ones but the Raceface won out again...great pad that stays on during a crash
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Roach DH it is. Thanks!

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by exitor
    Roach DH it is. Thanks!

you won't be sorry man, there great shinguards. i have fallen over big sharp quarts stone rockgardens and they stay on and protect. im very happy with them and you will to man. a tip-when you first get them they will be sorta stiff but after a couple rides and a good amount of watery-sweat mixture they will loosen up.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!