mtbr member

shin/calf protection?

I'm trying to find a new set of shin gaurds but really want something that covers around the back of my calf. i want to be able to use them for doing AM riding and also for freeriding with separate knee pads. I tried the lizardskin ones on at the LBS and they didn't fit around my calf (i'm not exactly tiny). Does anyone have any experience with the veggie shin guards? do they wrap all the way around the the calf? any one have any suggestions for something else?

also looking to get some new knee pads to go with, i've been planning on the kyle straights...but open to suggestions.

thanks

2 minutes turkish
    I rock these. they go around the back. they are thin in back, but it's something.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i ride with the veggie shins when im jumping/doing urban stuff. They're quite nice. lightweight, they cover practically all of your calf. If you take a really hard stick or something to the back it may not stop it since its only velcro and neoprene, but it will reduce and calfburger from the pedal to a bruise or less. my only problem is they tend to rotate unless they're on pretty snug, and they get pretty warm. I stop noticing they're on after a little while though

huffin' n' puffin'
    Here you go:
    http://www.greenfishsports.com/index...ROD&ProdID=970

On top of great shin protection, these also have great calf protection.

Thunder Chunky