Carb free mofo
    Dec 2006

Shimano Hone Hollowtech II M601's?

I am getting an sx trail on Thursday (woo!), which comes with Truvativ Hussefelt w/ BlackSpire Stinger shift guide. I also have a set of the Hone Hollowtechs (dual ring version) sitting on my Kona Dawg Deluxe. I'm going to be getting rid of the Kona once the new bike arrives. Anyway, as you've probably already worked out, I'm thinking of using the Hone's on the sx; as I've read that the Truvativ likes to work its way loose. I also had the same problem with the original Truvativ cranks that came on the Dawg, hence the reason for me buying the Hones in the first place! I will be riding downhill, trails, freeride: basically, anything I have the balls to do.

So from this a couple of questions arise:

Will the Hones fit on the sx and vica versa? The Kona Tech website says the dawg De: 68X113mm, whilst the sx, going by Rutland: BOTTOM BRACKET Truvativ Howitzer Team, outboard bearing, 51mm chainline, 73mm shell.

If it will fit, will the BlackSpire Stinger work with the hones?

Respective websites:

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/8009/S...tain-Bike.html

http://www.konaworld.uk.com/kona2u/2...amedetails.xls

Much Love

Hazy

NICE KID...NICE

Should be good to go...

Just dont use the spacers that are currently being used for the 68mm BB width. That will give you the 73mm spacing you will need. Swap the BB's, install the Stinger and yuou will be riding in no time.
    "At that point man, your just riding your bike."

Transition

Pedalshop

Ideas Above My Station...
    I run Hones and they are fantastic on my Intense SS for DH, jumping/hucking and everything else. As said above, leave out the spacers, and the BB Cups that the hones come with will slot right in and give you your 73mm BB.
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

Carb free mofo
    Dec 2006
    Cool, thanks for the replies; that is just what I wanted to hear. You know I've got a new bike coming, as it has just started snowing!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    if the stinger is ISCG mount, you'll still need one drive side spacer. if it's BB mount, it replaces the spacer.

I personally haven't had issues with my Howitzer-interface holzfellers coming loose (235lbs, riding the shore,) but you definitely need to check 'em with a torque wrench. keep 'em at 40 ft-lbs, and you're golden. that said, I'd rather have the Hones over the hussys.

Carb free mofo
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMonty
    if the stinger is ISCG mount, you'll still need one drive side spacer. if it's BB mount, it replaces the spacer.

I personally haven't had issues with my Howitzer-interface holzfellers coming loose (235lbs, riding the shore,) but you definitely need to check 'em with a torque wrench. keep 'em at 40 ft-lbs, and you're golden. that said, I'd rather have the Hones over the hussys.
    Looks like it is ISCG mount. I don't have a torque wrench, so this will involve a trip to the local bike shop. Cheers!
    In the future, there is only war.

Carb free mofo
    Dec 2006
    I don't suppose anyone has got the weights for these two cranksets; and the weight of the SX trail 2008 FSR 1 if possible
    In the future, there is only war.